[NL20-NL50] BSS NL25 FR small connectors turn into flush

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed)

UTG ($11.35)
      UTG+1 ($24.75)
      MP1 ($4.55)
      MP2 ($21.05)
      MP3 ($13.40)
      CO ($25)
      Button ($27.15)
      Hero ($27.20)
      BB ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3 :heart: 4 :heart:
      UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1)6 :heart: 3 :club: 5 :heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $1, MP2 calls $1, Hero calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($4)7 :club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.75, MP2 raises to $5.5, Hero calls $5.50, UTG calls $2.75.

River: ($20.50)8 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.25, MP2 raises to $14.3 (All-In), Hero calls $14.30, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $49.35
      Called the flop with good odds
      Maybe I should have raised the turn with 2nd nuts. On the river I called because his turn bet did not indicate a hearts flush draw. If he was drawing, why reraise with that turn card?
      Btw you´ll never guess what he had. Later I´ll post the results.
  • 6 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Raise flop! You have monsterdraw and you want to protect your hand against other draws. even against a set, you're in a coinflip situation on flop so definetly raise flop big time (~6$)

as played, push turn.
    • raasz
      raasz
      Bronze
      I don't know about the flop really. You definitely have a lot of outs so raising is an option. But the problem is that when you hit your draw it isn't the nuts. A higher flushdraw is possible. But as said, maybe it's better to play agressive in this spot.
      I would have checkraised the turn big because i rather want a showdown with that straight then with a medium high flushdraw. Besides, you're in a multiway pot so the chance that somebody is drawing to a higher flush is real.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Use your fold equity and bet/raise flop
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raasz
      I don't know about the flop really. You definitely have a lot of outs so raising is an option. But the problem is that when you hit your draw it isn't the nuts. A higher flushdraw is possible. But as said, maybe it's better to play agressive in this spot.
      I would have checkraised the turn big because i rather want a showdown with that straight then with a medium high flushdraw. Besides, you're in a multiway pot so the chance that somebody is drawing to a higher flush is real.
      exactly, that's exactly why you *must* raise to protect your hand against another draws, get them out of the pot and rather play against overpair/2 pair/set type of hands.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      open ended straight baby flush draw + pair is the fucking nuts for 3 4 s . reraise preflop and try to stick it in . you realy want to get called here ... even against a biger flush draw you still have two outs ... you want to get as much money as you can on the flop where you have the maximum equity with your draws and 2 cards to come ...
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Calling flop is ok, but raising is much better. As played, you have to reraise the turn!