[NL2-NL10] TP +FD NML10 sh

• snaker3
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, Q.
      BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, BU calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.1) 4, T, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.9) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.90,

Call or push? If I call what to do on r if he push?
  • 3 replies
    • Meras18
      Why didn't you 4bet and try to get all-in on the flop? If he doesn't have the set but ATo, you got 12 outs to beat him. And he could have worse, because he limped from BU while 3 handed. He seems to be a big fish.

As played, if you call and miss the flush, you have to fold on a raise on the river.
      I think if you push he would call with stronger hands and fold weaker. I think I would call and try to come as cheaply as possible to the SD, if we don't hit the flush.
    • veriz
      Hello snaker3,

Well, in this spot it would be really nice to know the opponent. If we can expect the opponent to overplay his TP type of hand or not?

a) For being 150BB it's even possible to just 3bet it on flop if we expect the opponent having a lot of TX hands in his raising range. If he does overplay TP type of hands. Since there ain't gonna be that many 2pair combos T4/T2 ain't that likely or either 42 ain't that likely either. But of course 42 is more likely since loose players like to Call with such pairs. But even against that kind of range we are doing great:

Board: 4:spade: T:heart: 2:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    39.06%  37.70%   1.36% { 44, 22, ATs, KTs, JTs, T9s, 42s, ATo, KTo, JTo, T9o }
      UTG+1  60.94%  59.58%   1.36% { QsTs }

So therefore would be an option just to 3bet and get it in.

b) If you expect the opponent rather have sets only in this case which 2pairs ain't that likely. Then it becomes more complicated and your line is totally doable. Although we can't Call on turn anymore since our implied odds ain't gonna be very good. While we have to discount some outs which give him FH. So therefore you can't really Check/Call the turn while even for FD you would need ~$7 on river to make it profitable. But being OOP do you think we will get it?

Best regards.
    • snaker3
      he had set of 2s we colud get another 7$ if we hit our flush! Bet if wont hit flush, then what to do? we got TP, it would be hard to fold!