[NL2-NL10] [BSS NL2 FR] AA vs QQ

• Maartinss
      Maartinss
      Bronze
      Realy dont like my turn decision to check raise him un put AI, becouse probably no one fold there KK, AA or made set..

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.00
      UTG: $0.99
      UTG+1: $2.29
      MP: $5.00
      MP+1: $1.67
      LP: $2.00
      Hero (CO): $2.00
      BTN: $0.97
      SB: $6.09

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, fold, UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.63, 2 players) 3:club: 5:diamond: 6:club:
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG calls $0.39 and is all-in

Turn: ($2.01, 2 players) 3:diamond:

River: ($2.01, 2 players) 3:spade:

UTG shows A:diamond: A:club: (Full House, Threes full of Aces)
      Hero shows Q:club: Q:heart: (Full House, Threes full of Queens)
      UTG wins $1.92
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Maartinss,

Well, once again you have to ask yourself what's your plan behind your 3bet? I don't really see why we should 3bet and Call his 4bet. If I did plan to 3bet againast his stack then just ship it preflop. :)

As played nothing much to add, I doubt that you can play it any differently postflop. But could do it preflop.

Best regards.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Greetings,

In general you should not be 3betting very wide vs UTG opens, for 2 reasons.

1 - UTG range is much stronger than a later position range.

2 - By extension your 3bet vs a tighter range will make your range look even stronger. Villain may only continue with hands that have very good equity against you and fold all hands you beat.

I advise your standard play is to flat QQ in this spot and also hands like AK.

When you face a 4bet you should be really worried about AA/KK (due to points 1 & 2), which is one reason it is bad to 3bet, because it obviously sucks to fold QQ to a 4bet.

Given the fact villain is very rarely bluffing, it doesn't make much sense to flat his 4bet. Once you continue to his 4bet you are pretty much comitted after investing a third of effective stacks. Question is, do you have odds to call against QQ+/AK range (which is just a rough estimate of his range).
      Assume he 4bet shoves preflop. You have invested 18 cents and need to call 82cents to win $1.20. Therefore you need 40% equity, which you just about have vs this specific range but the fact is some villains will literally only be 4betting AA/KK in this spot.

Given the situation you find yourself in, and given the fact villain has 50bb you may aswell shove over his 4bet (either way you should definitely not be folding at any point unless directly to his 4bet).....but ideally you won't find yourself in this situation in the first place if you don't 3bet in a bad spot.