[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH straight

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      73/0/0.9
      Do you think that river shove is ok? If he had 7 probably call it maybe even with A. Do you think that he will reraise river with 7?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.54)
      Hero ($17.11)
      UTG ($15.02)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: T:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) A:club: 7:heart: 7:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60

TURN ($2.70) A:club: 7:heart: 7:diamond: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.70) A:club: 7:heart: 7:diamond: 9:spade: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $14.71 (AI), SB folds

Hero shows 8:club: T:spade:

Hero wins $5.32
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

He would likely not call your overbet shove with Ax and definitely not 9x.
      So I´d prefer making it rather 4$ valuebet, if he has there 7x, he might c/rai anyway.
      Also pf call with 8To is quite marginal and should be fold pf.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      whats his wts? I don't think bet on turn is a good option, since he will most likely call you whit all his marginal holdings,
      only if you would bluff on blank river as well.. depends on his wts and whats buttons stats...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Preflop: Well, should be a rather fold here. :) I don't like that much the Call. We ain't gonna hit good enough to play the hand properly. Even squeezing would be better here.

As played
      Flop: Well, obviously the donking ain't the greatest line either here. We don't have that much equity against any calling range. Just some backdoors. For that given reason I might even just give it up right here. Although of course it's not a huge mistake to even donk it here since they are willing to fold a lot of their range.

As played
      Turn: Although I don't understand the idea of 2nd barreling here. I'd rather just Check it and be happy to see a free card. You are still in multiway pot. What do you expect them to fold here? An Ace? Never.

As played
      River: Well, obviously depends on the opponent. :) Against some I might even ship, against some ain't shipping. But obviously you played it pretty horrible on previous streets. :D But as the guy seems to be rather fishy then shouldn't be that huge mistake to even ship it, he may still Call you with Ax or definitely 7x.

Best regards.