[NL2-NL10] QT BB - Too aggressive?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.30
      SB:
      $18.01

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , T:spade:
      7 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.75.

Normally against villain who fills up the SB only I increase, because in the most cases it's a sign of weakness and in the most times villain folds.

Flop: ($2.00) Q:spade: , J:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, SB calls $1.75.

Top pair with T kicker, backdoor flushdraw good enough to bet for me after SB checks

Turn: ($5.50) 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.55 (All-In), SB calls $1.55.

Again a check of villain, TP with flush draw even if it's not the highest I'm pot comitted. Yr. opinion? Check behind would be too weak imo.

River: ($8.60) 5:club:

Final Pot: $8.60
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      It seems fine to me, however, I think this is a bit too agressive for NL 25, especially against unknown.

at least, I was playing passively in the blinds till NL 100 and it worked fine)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      It seems fine to me, however, I think this is a bit too agressive for NL 25, especially against unknown.

at least, I was playing passively in the blinds till NL 100 and it worked fine)
      yep I agree. It's the point I'm trying to handle most at this time, I'm maybe one step too aggressive. In the hands I post or I analyze myself it seems not to be a mistake, but a fold would even not be a fault. I think I should play a little more to the rule " a bad fold is better than a bad call". In this hand villain slowplayed KQ so I was beat.

I will work on this.

Thanks for yr evaluation, this one helps indeed because it confirms my opinion but shows at the same time I'm not playing real crap playing it this way. :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      in this sort of situations you need some reads to make a profitable play. Without statistics it is very marginal. The move definitely relies on your fold equity, but a lot of people simply don`t understand their postflop positional diadvantage and will call very light (on NL 25). and if it happens, you are in the spot, where you have to consider putting the whole stack in the middle, having uncertain marginal odds...