Playing small volume of poker

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'm in university so I can't play much time, I sometimes even go days without playing. This is really bad though, because I'll stay a lot of time in the same limit and I can never use much time learning and playing poker. It's also difficult to maintain the motivation, because it takes a lot of time to win a significant amount of BIs.

Is anybody in the same situation in terms of time? Is it still possible to evolve my skills this way?
  • 5 replies
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Quit school.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      I am in a similar situation, working 40hr weeks so i can only usually play about 15k hands/month. On the plus side iv always got an income.. But yeh quit school education is overrated :p
      But seriously, how much do u actually play? Hands/hours/tables? I think a lower volume can still be profitable, if u play a solid game and have good time management
    • iCallSick1
      iCallSick1
      Bronze
      As long as you want to be successful you will find the time ect. to learn and improove!.

You have to want something!

:)

Best of luck to you,

Wish I could be in school, Poker is my life ugh
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      I am in a similar situation, working 40hr weeks so i can only usually play about 15k hands/month. On the plus side iv always got an income.. But yeh quit school education is overrated :p
      But seriously, how much do u actually play? Hands/hours/tables? I think a lower volume can still be profitable, if u play a solid game and have good time management
      I try to play 1 hour a day, at 4 tables in SH (still practicing to open more tables).

In 15K hands you can have a bad result even if you play well, doesn't that make you lose your motivation? When I'm winning I like it, but when I lose I start losing my motivation because I know it might be needed to play for a long time to get the money back
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      I try to play 1 hour a day, at 4 tables in SH (still practicing to open more tables).

In 15K hands you can have a bad result even if you play well, doesn't that make you lose your motivation? When I'm winning I like it, but when I lose I start losing my motivation because I know it might be needed to play for a long time to get the money back
      I guess it can be pretty bad for motivation, but if i am having losing sessions, then go back over the hands and find a lot of the losses are losing flips/coolers, it kind of gives me motivation because i know these losses arent caused by my play.
      But if i review my hands and find im playing bad that can be discouraging. Then i have a break and study/cool off. Maybe volume isnt really an issue, it might be best to have a break to work on your mindset and study some more and when you do have losing sessions it wont affect your motivation as much?