This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 FR BSS] J3 Top pair weak kicker with initiative

• Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2)
      BB ($2.50)
      UTG ($4.57)
      UTG+1 ($0.93)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($3.65)
      MP2 ($1.97)
      CO ($0.65)
      BTN ($2.20)

Dealt to Hero 3:spade: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.12) J:heart: T:club: 2:spade:

Hero bets $0.09, BB calls $0.09

TURN ($0.30) J:heart: T:club: 2:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $0.21, BB calls $0.21

RIVER ($0.72) J:heart: T:club: 2:spade: 9:diamond: 3:heart:

Hero bets $0.51, BB folds

Hero shows 3:spade: J:club:

Hero wins $0.69

BB is 16/12/1.3, 100% fold BB to steal, over 77 hands.

As this guy had 100% Fold BB to steal, I was raising preflop with any hand (is this too much?)

Later on the turn I decided against check/call and just 2nd barrel myself, in order to get some protection. I was planning to check/call the river (or check/fold if a bad card shows), but I made my hand and decided to value-bet.

Do you think I overplayed my hand?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Elertar,

Preflop is obviously kinda close, J3 ain't a very good hand but for the given reason that the guy has been folding to all our steals then I don't mind.

Well, while there ain't gonna be many missed draws I might not even Check/Call the river. :) But most likely rather check it and might even give it up.

But as played and we even do hit I would most likely play the same way. Might just bet a bit less on river to get called from some weaker pairs.

Best regards.