SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

TURN ($1.70) T:heart: 8:heart: 8:spade: T:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.85, SB calls $0.85

RIVER ($3.40) T:heart: 8:heart: 8:spade: T:spade: T:club:

SB bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

Hi,

Villain is unknown.
      what is the standard line on the River?
      I think raise/fold is better because I think Villain will 3bet JJ+ and he may call the raise with small PPs on the River.

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

But well, the problem is that against his stack if you are raisin then you are pretty much committed anyways. :D Then rather just ship it yourself if you consider him being able to Call with a lot worse. Although while not then I doubt that I would play much differently.

Also what's the idea behind betting the turn? I mean it was really way too smallish. If I'd bet there then I'd definitely bet it bigger or just Check it behind.

Best regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

But well, the problem is that against his stack if you are raisin then you are pretty much committed anyways. :D Then rather just ship it yourself if you consider him being able to Call with a lot worse. Although while not then I doubt that I would play much differently.

Also what's the idea behind betting the turn? I mean it was really way too smallish. If I'd bet there then I'd definitely bet it bigger or just Check it behind.

Best regards.
      Hello veriz,
      Let say, we bet about $1.2 on the Turn. Do you bet on the River if villain checks and how much?
      On the turn, I think betting is better than checking behind because we want to protect our hand that is we don't want to see many overcards on the River.

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But well if you bet the turn there ain't gonna be many hands what pay you. :P Even a draw understands that FH is already possible and his draw ain't gonna be worth.

And kinda hard to bet the river, only if I expect the opponent to Call with just some split-type of hand. But yeah, well it's possible to bet.