This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH floping straight

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      30/4/6.0
      just call?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.90)
      Hero ($11.92)
      UTG ($10.82)
      CO ($21.44)
      BTN ($10.27)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: Q:heart:

fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.25) K:heart: T:spade: 9:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.40

TURN ($1.25) K:heart: T:spade: 9:club: T:club:

Hero bets $1, CO raises to $3.18, Hero raises to $11.32 (AI), CO folds

Hero shows J:spade: Q:heart:

Hero wins $7.11
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Preflop: You can even isolate here. But of course just Checking and taking a free play is totally fine as well. :)
      Postflop: Well, I guess if you think that he is able to Bet then I don't mind your play at all. While the guy even seems to be more aggressive side then sure I do like your play. :) Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wnbMG,

Preflop: You can even isolate here. But of course just Checking and taking a free play is totally fine as well. :)
      Postflop: Well, I guess if you think that he is able to Bet then I don't mind your play at all. While the guy even seems to be more aggressive side then sure I do like your play. :) Nice hand!

Best regards.
      what about play on turn? Would be better if I just call his reraise?
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wnbMG
      Hello wnbMG,

Best regards.
      If he has a hand, and you just call there are a lot of hands that kill the action on the river: A, J and Q and a :club: . When he raises on the turn he mostly has Tx or a straight like you, and he can have a :club: FD or even a SD and is using Tx to bluff raise you. So it's best to re-raise against almost 100% of his range imo
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by wnbMG
      Hello wnbMG,

Best regards.
      There is no other way to play the turn there. :) If he has a hand then he is willing to go broke anyways. Also there are still a lot of cards which may kill our action. Rather get it in right on turn while we will be playing OOP on river. :) Nice hand as I said.