This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 4nl fr AK

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      again, AK played badly:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.30)
      BB ($1.56)
      UTG ($1.20)
      Hero ($4)
      UTG+2 ($5.04)
      MP1 ($4.21)
      MP2 ($7.33)
      CO ($5.39)
      BTN ($4.23)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.32, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, CO calls $0.58

FLOP ($1.86) 6:heart: 4:club: T:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.68, Hero calls $0.68

TURN ($3.22) 6:heart: 4:club: T:diamond: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.88, Hero folds

CO wins $3.06

i thought that since i was OOP i should probably not just flat call so i decided to raise. i expected a push from hands like AA/KK/QQ but on the flop i felt lost so decided to check. should i have cbet here? and i probably decided to call since it is unlikely he has hit the board either so i thought i could pick the pot up on the turn. with the 3 :diamond: i just thought if i bet out, it's unlikely he will believe i have anything more than a flush draw so he will probably call. again, not sure what i should do with AK.

i feel like i've been playing AK/QQ too weak so i've tried to play them a little more but it's backfiring.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Well, even if you played it this way then I don't like the idea of CBetting at all on such a board. You most likely will only overpairs there. Rather just give up directly, even against such a bet. So Check/Fold. :)

Best regards.