This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 4nl fr, AK

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.51)
      Hero ($4)
      UTG ($4.73)
      UTG+1 ($1.10)
      UTG+2 ($5.95)
      MP1 ($4.24)
      MP2 ($2.51)
      CO ($6.40)
      BTN ($1.60)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.48, UTG calls $0.32

FLOP ($0.98) Q:spade: 6:club: A:diamond:

Hero bets $0.70, UTG raises to $1.40, Hero folds

UTG wins $2.27

did i play this hand too weak? TPTK i like to value bet down to the river - i don't like getting it in on the flop and i expect to see him with QQQ here. i suppose it's possible he even has the same hand as me but i don't really see what else he is playing here unless he is overvaluing KK - i think he would have just got it in pre if he had KK.

should i have just called it here, instead of folding?
  • 2 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Think i would fold here to, hes not really representing much exept a set or a weaker ace, but he could have AQ also, only thing we beat here is a bluff, or a weaker ace apart from AQ, so i think a fold is correct.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Well, I don't really understand why do you 3bet here against UTG range? It's just suicide I would say. At the best you get a coinflip.

As played
      Postflop: His calling range most likely wouldn't consist of weaker Ax hands I guess than AQ/AK/QQ. Those kind of hands hardly hit. And for that given reason I guess I'd also rather prefer folding. But ye, just re-play the preflop play. :)

Best regards.