London Stansted shops

• y2j4311991
      y2j4311991
      Basic
      Hi guys,

i will be flying to Stansted in 10 days. And i need a brittish cell phone number(pay as you go sim card)

The cheaper the better;-)

Lebara sounds pretty good, is there a shop where i can buy a lebara sim cars right at the airport?

If not where is the nearest shop where i can get one from Stansted airport

Thanks fpr your help guys
  • 5 replies
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      You'll be able to pick up any Sim card within about 2 minutes of landing at any airport in the UK.

Just ask in a newsagents.

I don't have any experience with Lebara (in fact, I've never even heard of them...) but you'll be able to pick up o2, orange, vodaphone and t-mobile anywhere.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey,

Im not sure what Lebara is, is it a phone network? the main ones i can think of are 02, orange, t-mobile, vodafone, 3, virgin and tesco.

Im not sure how much difference there is on pay as you go anymore but i know 02 always used to give me free texts or calls when i topped up but im on pay monthly now.

Your best bet is when you land to go straight to a phone shop, probably carphone warehouse or phones4u and ask them about pay as you go sims and find which one suits you. The shops are everywhere infact they probably have one at the airport if not it wont take you long to find one.

You could even get a sim only contract you pay say £15 a month for x amount of calls and x text messages, but you can get these on a one month rolling contract so you can cancel it whenever you want.

Good luck shout if you need more help

Carl
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      wow beat me to that one Marc :facepalm:
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      I don't think you can buy a Lebara sim card at that airport, but you can in a lot of places London.

http://store.lebara-mobile.co.uk/storefinder/default.aspx?country=gb&language=en-GB
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Lebara uses the Vodafone network, it's kinda shitty in some other countries like the USA but for the UK its pretty good.