[NL2-NL10] NL4SH AJs as a squeezer

• doctorkgb
      I thin that I played this hand pretty well, but I am concerned about bet sizings. Please comment them.
      Shoul I make my flop cbet larger. I tend to do in 3bet pots about half pot usually. This flop looks wet, but if we take in concideration that he called a squeeze, should I give him a lot of straighth and combo draws here. A lot of hands would have sence, but will he call 3bet with 67, 9T, TJ, low PP. How to proceede to his raise here?

What range to give him? What about his minraise on the flop? I don't give it much credibility, since all sets would go in on the flop.

If my calculations are correct, we are flipping here.

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    46.99%  45.83%   1.16% { AdJd }
      MP3    53.01%  51.85%   1.16% { TT-99, 77, AQs, ATs, KQs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, AQo+ }

He is 42/29/11.4 AF5.8 140hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.14)
      BB ($9.77)
      UTG ($4.68)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      CO ($4.73)
      BTN ($5.47)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.16, fold, BTN calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.44

FLOP ($1.40) 8:heart: 5:spade: J:heart:

Hero bets $0.76, BTN raises to $1.52, [color=red]Hero raises to $3.54 (AI)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello doctorkgb,

CBetting flop that smallish is a bit not that great. Obviously if it was in your mind to induce him bluff against you then you might even consider doing it. But then of course we are also going broke.

But the main question here is that if he is really Calling us with all those kind of hands what you put into the equilab. :P I mean you practically put almost everything which mostly have beat and few hands what you beat. :)

Although as you went for a 3bet vs that kind of player then I doubt that I would get it away here anyways. While he could as well even have worse Jx hands. Also maybe even draws with like overcard+FD.

Best regards.
    • doctorkgb
      I agree that cbet is small. My usual cbet in 3bet pots is around 60% of pot size, so I keep it usually that way. Since his AF is not low, I do expect hip to bluff a lot.

About hand range, I agree that vs some TAG player that would be correct, but he is calling with anything nice looking. He has no monster PF, since he would 3bet, or if not-4bet me. I belive that I made mistake by not giving him enough wide calling range, but mostly range that he might bluff raise me. Ofc he might have also any broadway etc.

I don't believe that he would fold any FD here.

Ofc that I am never-ever folding TPTK against him in pot large as this at board like this, but my concideration was about bet sizing mostly. As I wrote above , bet sizing is the reason why I wanted you to review this hand.

Thank you for your explanation. It helps me a lot.