This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH combo draw IP

• doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.26)
      BB ($4.46)
      UTG ($8.50)
      UTG+1 ($5.17)
      CO ($4)
      Hero ($5.03)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: J:spade:

UTG raises to $0.08, UTG+1 raises to $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.24, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.62) 2:heart: K:spade: T:spade:

[color=red]UTG+1 bets $0.44

As I am likely slight ahead, should I raise the flop and take more variance line by trying to get in , or cold call IP?
      Which line you prefere and why?

opp is 20/14/1.9 141 hands
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello doctorkgb,

Preflop: Well, standard fold I'd say. :D

As played
      Postflop: Well, as you went for such a Call then I'd most likely raise it here and get it in. Even against some strong made hands and made hands we still get pretty good equity:

Board: 2:heart: K:spade: T:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    48.50%  48.50%   0.00% { QsJs }
      UTG+1  51.50%  51.50%   0.00% { KK+, TT, AKs, AKo }

Best regards.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: Well, standard fold I'd say. :D
      Shure! I allways muck my suited broadways on the BU in 6max. Sometymes I even fold pocket kings, following my philosophy and thouhught process that he might have aces :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, well you get the point. That if you Call in this spot the UTG could easily 4bet. :P You will never know that. Of course it's a possibility to Call here but you will never know what does UTG have in the mind. Could be as well even trapping. Plus how do you consider a 3bettor to overplay postflop if you wont hit?