SitAndGOWNAGE[updated 26/09/]

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      This month I decided to dabble in SnGs as a break from cashgames. I felt utterly bored of cash, and was considering taking some time off of poker, but I ended up playing SNGs instead :f_biggrin: .

having done quite well in MTTs previously, and also good in 9 man turbs a long time ago, I was confident I could do well in 45man turbs. This seems to be the case.

Below is this months graph so far. The first 40 were at the $1.50 level, and the vast majority after that at the $3.50 level, with one or two $7s added in.

the jump at the end of the graph is me transitioning to 180man turbs and coming 2nd :s_cool: , yay for +ve var.

current mission now is to play a few more 180mans and get comfortable before 6-8 tabling em.

current roll is $685 now.
  • 8 replies
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      nice, keep up the good work, :D
    • RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      love those 180 ppl sng's.

ppll think just because its a turbo they should shove REALLY light after the first level :D
      Bronze
      We will se after 500 games or 1K games that you will be runiing that good :) Small sample size. VAriance come.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      update:

still going strong:

• JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Nice...

How many do you play at the same time?

Do you start them all simultaneosly?

Do you start a new one as soon as you bust?

Do you feel like you play worse because you focus so much on a final table, and let the other non final table MTTs suffer?

Any tips?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      nice =)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohanRember
      Nice...

How many do you play at the same time?
      6-8. when I first started out I played 4 tables.

Do you start them all simultaneosly?
      table ninja regges them for me. but yes I reg as fast as possible to maintain the tables.
      Do you start a new one as soon as you bust?
      yes, its regged for me automatically. If I can't use TN, I reg manually.

Do you feel like you play worse because you focus so much on a final table, and let the other non final table MTTs suffer?

no not really. I would think it has an impact when I 8 table, but not a huge amount.

Any tips?
      use sngwiz , start a quiz, set it to expert, set it to 45mans. use filters so you are in the following situations:

3rd with 9 left.
      5th with 7 left
      3rd with 5 left
      4th with 4 left
      1st with 4 left.

answer 15-20 questions in each section. once done, go through the situations that have been answered, and change the calculation mode from cEV to $EV and back. try and get a feel for when they both diverge.

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      BR on stars is currently $755. deciding what to play next. I have been taking stabs at the 180man turbs and I do love the format. the biggest earners on sharkscope at these stakes grind them, and they fill up fast, so I'l probably be doing the same. all I need to do now is get the time to play them! I'l be playing sessions of these when I have time. when i'm short on time it'l be back to 45mans.