This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SitAndGOWNAGE[updated 26/09/]

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      This month I decided to dabble in SnGs as a break from cashgames. I felt utterly bored of cash, and was considering taking some time off of poker, but I ended up playing SNGs instead :f_biggrin: .

having done quite well in MTTs previously, and also good in 9 man turbs a long time ago, I was confident I could do well in 45man turbs. This seems to be the case.

Below is this months graph so far. The first 40 were at the $1.50 level, and the vast majority after that at the $3.50 level, with one or two $7s added in.

the jump at the end of the graph is me transitioning to 180man turbs and coming 2nd :s_cool: , yay for +ve var.

current mission now is to play a few more 180mans and get comfortable before 6-8 tabling em.

current roll is $685 now.
  • 8 replies
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      nice, keep up the good work, :D
    • RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      love those 180 ppl sng's.

ppll think just because its a turbo they should shove REALLY light after the first level :D
      Bronze
      We will se after 500 games or 1K games that you will be runiing that good :) Small sample size. VAriance come.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      update:

still going strong:

• JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Nice...

How many do you play at the same time?

Do you start them all simultaneosly?

Do you start a new one as soon as you bust?

Do you feel like you play worse because you focus so much on a final table, and let the other non final table MTTs suffer?

Any tips?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      nice =)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohanRember
      Nice...

How many do you play at the same time?
      6-8. when I first started out I played 4 tables.

Do you start them all simultaneosly?
      table ninja regges them for me. but yes I reg as fast as possible to maintain the tables.
      Do you start a new one as soon as you bust?
      yes, its regged for me automatically. If I can't use TN, I reg manually.

Do you feel like you play worse because you focus so much on a final table, and let the other non final table MTTs suffer?

no not really. I would think it has an impact when I 8 table, but not a huge amount.

Any tips?
      use sngwiz , start a quiz, set it to expert, set it to 45mans. use filters so you are in the following situations:

3rd with 9 left.
      5th with 7 left
      3rd with 5 left
      4th with 4 left
      1st with 4 left.

answer 15-20 questions in each section. once done, go through the situations that have been answered, and change the calculation mode from cEV to $EV and back. try and get a feel for when they both diverge.

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      BR on stars is currently $755. deciding what to play next. I have been taking stabs at the 180man turbs and I do love the format. the biggest earners on sharkscope at these stakes grind them, and they fill up fast, so I'l probably be doing the same. all I need to do now is get the time to play them! I'l be playing sessions of these when I have time. when i'm short on time it'l be back to 45mans.