Stacks:
      UTG UTG ($5.17)
      UTG+1 UTG+1 ($5)
      CO CO ($5.26)
      BTN justkyle88 ($5)
      SB SB ($5.18)
      BB BB ($4.16)

Pre-Flop: ($0.08, 6 players) justkyle88 is BTN 9:diamond: 7:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.17, 1 fold, justkyle88 raises to $0.50, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.33

Flop: J:club: Q:club: K:spade: ($1.08, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, justkyle88 bets $0.54, UTG+1 calls $0.54

Turn: 4:spade: ($2.16, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks

River: 8:diamond: ($2.16, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks
  • 4 replies
    • yinyun
      yinyun
      Bronze
      Hi!

Sry I will make my NL Beginners Course homework with your hand.

Preflop his range certainly beats you. But yes, you have Button. Though, his fold to CB is 0% - whats your plan?

Flop doesn't look good at all. If we assume that his range is 23% (a bit kind) = Any Broadway; Any Poketpair; Suited Aces; and few more hands.
      Then 37% of his possible hands made now Top Pair or better.

Turn probably it doesn't change much. I could try to second barrel 1/2 of a pot his W$SD is pretty high so hi must fold in some street, if not Flop then maybe Turn, right?

Conclusion
        I would not 3bet reggys UTG-raise with speculative hand.

If there is situations where I skip CB against one player than its flop with two face cards, if the opponent isn't very-very loose.

I would DB if opponent calls 100% of CB

And justkyle88, please don't take it very seriously what I wrote here, thouse are just my first steps to learn analyse hands! And I'm sry if I was rude.

Cheers!
      y
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello justkyle88,

Preflop: Well, obviously it's possible. But while it's against a UTG the problem will be that his range will be towards strong hands only. Which says he might just fold like 10-20% of his range only. For the given small part of his range which is going to fold I don't like that much the 3bet. Plus if we even do hit hardly the guy is very likely not going to pay us unless he hits hardly as well according his W$SD.

As played
      Postflop: Well, the board hardly hits his range, therefore I'd rather just Check/Fold till the end.

Board: K:spade: Q:club: J:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    91.39%  89.99%   1.40% { 77+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AJo+, KQo }
      UTG+1   8.61%   7.22%   1.40% { 9d7d }

Equity is just for to understand how much of his range did hardly hit.

Best regards.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      And justkyle88, please don't take it very seriously what I wrote here, thouse are just my first steps to learn analyse hands! And I'm sry if I was rude.

@yinyun, Thanks for your thoughts. Defdinitely wasn't rude or anything. Keep posting and keep trying to improve. Great analyze of the hand.

I don't take in account of his F to c-bet because it's only 2 occasions so I just dismiss that information completely.
      I just try think of a range and go with that.

So I think I can narrow his range down much more than stated by veriz.

Honestly I see players like this calling a lot of the time with like TT-JJ, AQ-AK. They have a hard time letting go. I even do so I can see it can become a leak in my opponents.

I agree it's a horrible board and once he calls I'm dead. Just ch/f the rest of the hand.

But I was just unsure if he could fold like a TT or AQ.
      I see it's a leak now and prob shouldn't of c-bet.

Thank you veriz and yinyun.
    • Skruve04
      Skruve04
      Bronze
      just whana ask ..what the point from 3bet preflop?? ITs only becouse of position and his fold stats?
      just whana steal his rais or its value bet to build bigger pot??

Or

you think 97s is decent hand wich can hold against utg rais??

Seems it it ultra advanced play on SH??