PS.com policies after FTP

• biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      After what happened with FTP a lot of ppl got worried about online gambling sites. I was curiuos if ps.com staff is making moves to ensure that old and new partners rooms have secure policies and proper management, thus making sure that ps.com members wont get in the same spot again (or at least making it unlikely). So we can trust at least those rooms that are listed here, without trying to figure out these things ourselves .
  • 10 replies
    • shichibukaii
      shichibukaii
      Bronze
      I think after all the events that have happened the rooms are taking better care of the management.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Hi biogas,

Thank you for your question. These are very valid concerns. I have flagged the issue to our HeadAdmins and they will surely come by in a little while to address the issue.

Regards,
      Wendy
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      This might help.

how does ps learn to trust a poker room?
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi All,

Firstly, let me quote what I replied in the thread that Matel has linked above, as I believe it gives us some good background information:

Hi Guys,

There was a similar question in the German Community before and Korn answered there. I've translated his answer into English for you below:

------------

When thinking about whether we would like to coperate with a new site, we find it helpful to keep the following checklist in mind:

1. Who is the company behind the site? What do we know about them? What can Google and other research tell us?

Positive Example: bwin.party, 888 listed on stock exchanges, large and well known.
      Negative Example: Random company registered in a PO Box in the Carribean.

2. Do we know something about the physcial company/officespace? Do they have an office? Where? How many employees do they have?

Positive Example: the same as above, but also e.g. PokerStars who have a lot of employees on the Isle of Man.
      Negative Example: Random company that you can find out very little about.

3. Who does the company belong to? Are key employees known?

Positive Example: You can find the employees of the big firms on Linked-In or similar, they give interviews or you meet them at industry conferences.
      Negative Example: Random company that nobody knows who is behind it.

4. If the site is part of a network, do they obey the network rules? Does the site have a parasitic business model?

There are many skins who have a business model based around the direct and indirect poaching of other players from other skins on the same network. They earn almost all of their money in this fashion. They don't bring any fish to the network and they frequently break network rules by supporting under the table deals for rakeback or by having opaque (non-transparent) VIP systems.

This is dangerous because the Network won't put up with this forever and will react. If a skin is kicked from the network, it might be that they decide not to start up again. Such sites often have just a 5% margin on the rake that they make but they control a number of large bankrolls (because lots of VIP players play there). There have certainly been cases in the past where some sites just couldn't resist the temptation.

-----

We basically will only work with sites where we can answer all of the above questions positively.

-------------------------

I hope this clears things up for you, but if you have other questions, please ask.

Btw, if you speak German, the original post from Korn is here.

Best,

Marc
      In general, of course as the world's largest poker affiliate, we know that we have a duty to only operate with those rooms who add real value to our customers and to the industry and there is a large amount of due diligence being done when we start a co-operation with a new partner, as well as continuing reviews of current partners. These reviews might include offering council or advice to those rooms on player issues, for example.

Of course, nobody could have predicted the Full Tilt Poker case, and it came as a shock to everybody, I think maybe even to FTP themselves.

What I can say is that we pride ourselves on being able to develop great, mutually beneficial, relationships with our partners and that we are confident that we can leverage those relationships to always provide the safest and best poker environment possible for our customers.

I hope that clarifies somewhat, but if you have further questions, please ask them here.
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Originally posted by MarcPS

Of course, nobody could have predicted the Full Tilt Poker case, and it came as a shock to everybody, I think maybe even to FTP themselves.
      This is a bit I am a bit unsure. If the news are correct, they handled other ppl BR's as their own money and profit. And calling that bad managment is "a bit" understated. That's why I created this thread to see if ps.com staff is allowed look deeper on how their partners manages players BR's, their own profit, the personal info supplied by players, etc (if that is possible for ps.com of course).
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi biogas,

I'm going to talk to our B2B department and gather some more information here before responding.

Thanks for your patience.

M
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by biogas
      Originally posted by MarcPS

This is a bit I am a bit unsure. If the news are correct, they handled other ppl BR's as their own money and profit. And calling that bad managment is "a bit" understated. That's why I created this thread to see if ps.com staff is allowed look deeper on how their partners manages players BR's, their own profit, the personal info supplied by players, etc (if that is possible for ps.com of course).
      In the end, we are partners of poker rooms and as I explained above (via translating Korn!) we will only work with partner's who have a track record in the industry (for example we never worked with Absolute or Ultimate Bet) and you can be sure that we apply the tests I talked about above with absolute rigor and strive to develop those relationships which make us an influential partner to the benefit of our customers and players generally.

Does that answer your question a little more fully?
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Come on PS couldnt have known something like this would happen. We are after all talking about the (former) second biggest online poker site where people like Ivey, Hansen, Lederer, Ferguson, Matusow, Durrrrr, Antonius and whole lot of other respected pros played and were part of the team, and 100k+ people online during peak hours, if that wasnt a site you could trust then none of them are. Scams like this happen all around the world in all sorts of bussiness, few of days ago i heard the news some guy stole 2 billion dollars (or maybe euros not 100% sure) from a bank he was working in. People are greedy and nobody can guarantee money you deposit on any other site is safe, as you see it isnt safe in a bank apparently. If PS had such a strict rulebook with which site they affiliate i'm sure they could find a reason or two on each, so the probably wouldn affiliate with any of them.

I'm in no way defending FTP cause my whole roll was on that site and i lost it like many other people, just wanna say PS could have done very little, probably nothing, to in any way help or warn us what was going to happen.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      I have a question, will pokerstrategy be terminating their relationship with fulltilt, or have they done so already.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by ArkhamAsylum
      I have a question, will pokerstrategy be terminating their relationship with fulltilt, or have they done so already.
      We've certainly removed them from our poker rooms section and we don't advertise them anymore.