Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $0.8
      Hero:
      $2.5

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:club: , J:club:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) K:club: , Q:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero check-behind???.

Final Pot: $0.23

Hi veriz,

Preflop: I iso-raised preflop from mp3 because the limper is a fish and CO/BU are really tight/nit and so is SB/BB. My question is with his stack size, wonder if it's a good move here in the long run. Since I could only win 40bb at most.

Flop: I got second pair, and second nut draw. Thought about checking here, and let him hit something or bluff on later street. What do you think?

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Preflop: Well, even isolating is pretty close against that kind of opponent. Although definitely doable. The problem against them is that we don't have much fold equity while they Call with any pairs and obviously even worse.

As played
      Postflop: Well, both plays are actually fine here. Either you bet and most likely even can go broke or just Check behind and might get value later on from weaker hands.

Best regards.
    • Elertar
      Elertar
      Bronze
      I'm doing my homework 4 too, and I'm going to evaluate this hand (I haven't read veriz's reply).

Preflop I like your move to isolate the fish.

Postflop I think you are in a very good position to make a cbet as I think the fish will pay you with a lot of worse hands.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cpers,

Preflop: Well, even isolating is pretty close against that kind of opponent. Although definitely doable. The problem against them is that we don't have much fold equity while they Call with any pairs and obviously even worse.

As played
      Postflop: Well, both plays are actually fine here. Either you bet and most likely even can go broke or just Check behind and might get value later on from weaker hands.

Best regards.
      I usually bet here, because many times they call with gutshots, and this player seems like capable of that. If we didn't have the FD, we definitely cbet right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, depends really on our expectations. If I expect the opponent to pay with some smaller PPs/pairs on turn/river then I might even Check behind. But of course betting ain't wrong either, there are still couple of draws which may pay us plus we get a decision what to do on turn.