Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $6.89
      CO: $6.67
      BTN: $9.26
      SB: $6.00
      Hero (BB): $6.00

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has K:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.21, fold, Hero raises to $0.66, BTN calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.35, 2 players) 7:spade: 8:club: 8:spade:
      Hero bets $1.01, BTN calls $1.01

Turn: ($3.37, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.84, fold

villain was 36/36/2 af 22 hands
  • 4 replies
    • noel50
      noel50
      Bronze
      first 22 hands is too small a sample to get a read on a player in my view I have not got hm manager yet I play without stats on the flop you are out of position when the btn did not fold to your three bet and you miss the flop fold the hand what range did you put the btn on when he called your three bet all pairs or jj+ and last ak you are behind all the way I would call the 15 see the flop and fold the hand unless you know the btn is raising with any too just my view for homework 4 ty noel
    • perosaa
      perosaa
      Bronze
      I think you played right. BTN is trying to steal the blinds, unles you have some reads on him. He didn't fold on cbet on the flop, so he probably has an over pair or flush draw, and on the turn the J :spade: came. He completed his flush probably. Maybe is he trying to bluff you, but you are out of position anyway. I think he has you beat. I would play like you played :)

Best regards :P
    • amightypirate
      amightypirate
      Bronze
      Most of the time when villain calls your cbet on a paired board he has a pocket pair. If he had the flush draw, an aggro player would raise the flop almost 100% since he will want to get money in while he has good equity.

Therefore I think you should bet the turn and bet it hard. It's a shame stacks are so awkward and shoving is an overbet. I think you should try to plan ahead a little with you flop bets. You could have made it bigger on the flop in order to shove the turn or alternatively bet smaller on the flop and turn and the shove the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tofu22,

You can most likely just Check/Fold right on flop. Obviously the opponent seems to be wide-ranged but as well the ratio between VPIP/PFR seems to be pretty good as well. Just might be the sample which didn't turn him into good player. Or can you expect him to Call you with very wide range vs your 3bet?

Usually they Call rather strong hands vs 3bets.

Best regards.