[NL2-NL10] homework 4 was it ok to call turn

• noel50
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) A:heart: , 8:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.3, BB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.02) T:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.8, BB raises to $2.25, Hero calls $1.45.

River: ($5.52) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.07 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.52
  • 3 replies
    • Dublimax
      Hi Noel,

That's a very good question that you have here.
      I'll try to make you find out the answer by yourself:

Can you try to assess Villain's range when he C/R that turn?

Once you have his range use the equilab to check your equity against this range and compare this with the pot odds.

I'll check your answers later on.
      Then we can discuss your CBet on flop and turn.
    • veriz
      Hello noel50,

After you get Called on flop it's a spot where you should consider even Checking behind. The problem will be that you wont get him off anyways from better hands. Most of the weaker pairs you have beat anyways and he wouldn't bet them on river.

But as played you should rather fold to the Check/Raise since your implied odds ain't gonna be very good in this spot. Might even be reversed implied odds.

Best regards.
    • noel50
      First thing I should have checked the turn I had taken the check as a sign of weakness bad move 2out of ten there now villain range on the turn at j9 aa 88 77 tt at I would say ace ten most likely I have I hope ten clean outs one card to come 20% chance pot is 4.07 I put in 1.45 about 3to 1 put in 2.75 in total have 3.07 left will I get that if I make my hand I think so right call equilab 23.32% about 5 to 1 so right call tx so much for reply guys please correct me dublimax and ty so much for your interest in a fish troubles ps are you going to Killarney won a seat last night after a thousand attempts great weekend being there for the last two years went out 80 last year with aa two callers aa and kq kq came on flop so close and yet so far great enjoyment for my second live event .tx noel