fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

FLOP ($0.06) Q:diamond: 8:diamond: 2:heart:

Hero bets $0.04, BB folds, BTN calls $0.04

TURN ($0.14) Q:diamond: 8:diamond: 2:heart: 9:heart:

Hero bets $0.10, BTN raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.34

RIVER ($1.02) Q:diamond: 8:diamond: 2:heart: 9:heart: K:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.02 (AI), Hero?

villian 18/2/2/0.0

Despite the call pre-flop that is disputable but how I shoul in general play this hand post-flop?

Breakeven equity needed 33.34%

Simulated 100000 Holdem Hands (Monte Carlo)
      Simulation by Slice - The ev++ Equity Calculator
      Board :: Qd 8d 2h 9h Kc
      code:

Player   Equity   Win Hi   Tie Hi                           Range                              

1       17.1     17.1     0.0      99-88,22,AQs,A9s-A8s,AQo,A9o-A8o,QJs,QhTh,Q9s-Q8s,QJo 
         2       82.9     82.9     0.0                               KhQh                         

TY :)
  • 4 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Would probably fold here, seems like he has a set with the limp preflop, or he may be overplaying AQ.
    • Firefly52
      Firefly52
      Bronze
      I would call, A lot of regs seem to overbet bluff river on NL2 Partypoker, I don't know where you are playing though.

If you fold this one they can basically push you around on river all day long.
    • amightypirate
      amightypirate
      Bronze
      I fold to the turn raise since these kind of weak-tight players don't raise the turn without something serious.

I'd also like to see a raise pre-flop. Button open-limps are just begging to be pounced upon. With KQ you are way ahead of his range so raise for value and expect to take the pot down on the flop often. If you make top pair and he calls then you are laughing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Preflop: I'd definitely isolate here, KQs is way too strong to just complete.

As played
      Turn: Well, actually being OOP, we can't be sure how clean our outs are or either how good are our implied odds. I might even prefer rather folding against bigger raise as the guy does. You never beat anything here with just TP.

As played
      River: Well, yeah. That's the second case which you might face. When hitting 2pair you will just not know where you stand with your hand. Most likely your 2pairs ain't strong enough here and I'd rather fold my hand. Don't really see how you can put the opponent on such a wide range? Do you really think he would ever turn his hand into bluff there like that with those all hands? Even AQ is turning his hand into bluff here. :) Also you have like no JT hands in the range? Why?

Best regards.