$0.80
      MP2:
      $0.71
      MP3:
      $3.32
      CO:
      $2.17

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 3, 3.
      Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.27) 3, 7, 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.08, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.24, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, MP3 raises to $3.32, Hero calls $1.64.

Turn: ($6.75) 6 (2 players)

River: ($6.75) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.75.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      Hero shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).

MP3 wins with three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
  • 3 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Firstly i think you should raise preflop, one reason is to build a pot, and second reason is if your limp/call it kinda indicates you have a PP and are set-mining.

Postflop, not sure if you can ever fold here, MP3 also limp/called preflop, which kinda indicates a PP aswell, so chance he could of hit a set, but this is NL2 so he could be limp calling a wider range, he could possibly limp/call a suited ace, in which he would have the nut flush draw vs your set. Could possibly limp 88 and be shoving here, maybe 1010, would be a tough fold tbh.
    • amightypirate
      amightypirate
      Bronze
      Plenty of draws, two pairs and pair+ draws in his range methinks. I think you played it fine post flop.

Not played much full ring in my time so I don't know about pre-flop. In my opinion though I think you should be folding small pockets in EP. You can limp behind if a few others have limped but open limping is just asking to be iso raised from someone who has position on you. Then you have to check fold all flops unless you hit in which case he'll probably just fold to your raise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sebsejr,

Well, I'd definitely raise it bigger on flop ~$0,50 than make it so smallish while the board is way too dangerous for us. But as played I doubt that I am getting it away while I don't know even the opponent. He may easily even have 79 or something similar in his calling range and never know with what they over play. We can't put him just on better set while we don't know that much even the opponent.

But of course usually such a min-3bet as he is making is usually a sign of a rather stronger hand which tries to drag you along.

Plus one doubt in the play is also that I do sometimes even prefer folding 33 on UTG while I don't have good information on the table, plus we are playing 200+BB deep with some players.

Best regards.