[NL2-NL10] NL4SH flop tripsIP vs unknown

• doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Silver
      He cbets small on flop, I've got board crushed, so I prefere calling IP

Turn: c/c

River he bets full pot and 3bets me. pocket TT, 88?

Very small sample to mention

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.06)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($4.96)
      UTG+1 ($3.24)
      CO ($3.47)
      Hero ($4.10)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.12, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.12, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.30) J:club: 3:heart: J:spade:

UTG bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

TURN ($0.54) J:club: 3:heart: J:spade: T:club:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.54) J:club: 3:heart: J:spade: T:club: 8:heart:

[color=red]UTG bets $0.52, Hero raises to $1.24, UTG raises to $2.68
  • 3 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      He indicates a lot of strength here, but you also show a lot of weakness by checking the turn. Preflop action can't really tell us anything since everything that beats you here is in his range preflop. He cbets so small on the flop that I think we should raise it in order to build the pot, he will call a raise with any other J, and also probably 66+ here. On the turn I really think we should be betting when he checks to us, because checking here leaves us clueless on the river. Does he have air that he's trying to capitalise on the weakness shown by us on the turn? Did he turn or river a boat? JTs, Tt and 88 are all well within his range and could very well be played like this. I don't think he plays any Jx other than JT this way, he continues betting the turn with JQ and JK.

On the river why do you raise without a plan? You obviously raise for value, but when you raise you should be thinking about what you would do in the face of certain actions, you obviously didn't think about this when you made the initial raise, I think you were thinking "God I hope he calls" and didn't even consider the possibility of a raise :D

Despite us getting good odds with his ~1/2 pot raise, I don't think we're good here enough of the time to make this call. He plays absolutely no other Jx hands like this apart from JTs and it looks a lot like a turned full house slowplaying or a rivered full house that was giving up or c/c the turn.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Silver
      Originally posted by Wriggers

On the river why do you raise without a plan? You obviously raise for value, but when you raise you should be thinking about what you would do in the face of certain actions, you obviously didn't think about this when you made the initial raise, I think you were thinking "God I hope he calls" and didn't even consider the possibility of a raise :D
      +1. Right into mi heart sir. Great review. Thank you.

[/quote]
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Haha thank you :) Hoping others can learn from my previous mistakes :D