This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH, AKo as a 3bettor

• doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.87)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.62)
      UTG+1 ($8.48)
      Hero ($4.05)
      BTN ($4.08)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.24

FLOP ($0.78) 5:spade: 5:club: 7:diamond:

[color=red]UTG+1 bets $0.37

24/19 70 hands
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      When he calls your 3bet OOP here I would put him on a range of AK, JJ, TT and maybe QQ. When he donks into you in a 3bet pot his range is probably overpairs, and we all know players HATE to fold overpairs. So here I don't think we can get him to fold, even if he thinks he's beat he'll still call a lot of the time because "Well, i've got an overpair!!!".

We only have 6 outs vs his (most likely) overpair, so I think we can comfortably fold here.

Also, just so you know I don't think we have to 3bet preflop there all the time, think about what we're doing. We can't expect him to call a 3bet OOP or 4bet us with anything less than a medium-high pocket pair or AK, so we're basically flipping. If an A or a K flops he will more than likely check/fold the flop, and if he shoves there we're either splitting the pot or getting it in vs a set. 3betting an UTG raise with AKo isn't always a great thing to do, just something to think about :)
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      I am aware of that regarding 3betting utg. However, I tend to call when on BU , but I hate an idea to see multy flop with AKo.