NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.87)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.62)
      UTG+1 ($8.48)
      Hero ($4.05)
      BTN ($4.08)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.24

FLOP ($0.78) 5:spade: 5:club: 7:diamond:

[color=red]UTG+1 bets $0.37

24/19 70 hands
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      When he calls your 3bet OOP here I would put him on a range of AK, JJ, TT and maybe QQ. When he donks into you in a 3bet pot his range is probably overpairs, and we all know players HATE to fold overpairs. So here I don't think we can get him to fold, even if he thinks he's beat he'll still call a lot of the time because "Well, i've got an overpair!!!".

We only have 6 outs vs his (most likely) overpair, so I think we can comfortably fold here.

Also, just so you know I don't think we have to 3bet preflop there all the time, think about what we're doing. We can't expect him to call a 3bet OOP or 4bet us with anything less than a medium-high pocket pair or AK, so we're basically flipping. If an A or a K flops he will more than likely check/fold the flop, and if he shoves there we're either splitting the pot or getting it in vs a set. 3betting an UTG raise with AKo isn't always a great thing to do, just something to think about :)
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      I am aware of that regarding 3betting utg. However, I tend to call when on BU , but I hate an idea to see multy flop with AKo.