how much can you earn?

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hey I was wondering when you really can see poker as a profession and how much can you earn? I have a lot of free time at the moment but I still do not know how to organize my time to maximize the winnings. how much can you earn in the low limits NL5 and NL10, more or less per hour?
  • 6 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Cekpirus,

That totally depends on how many tables you play and what your win rate is. For example, if you played 100 hands per hour and you were able to multi table 10 table and could win at 10bb/100 you could make $10 an hour.

I really wouldn't suggest/recommend anybody to go "pro" unless they are experienced and have a big enough bankroll to support the "downs" this is not just paying for variance (losing buy ins from bad luck rather than bad play) but having enough money to fund real life and we able to pay for things such as medical care without it having too big an effect on your bankroll.

I do however think its really important to be professional about it, at the start of every month you should set yourself both winning and volume goals.

So for example if you play 10nl, you may want to win 25 bi's in the month and play 50k hands, if you manage to do both of these you will give yourself a shot at a $20 live tournament out of your "life bankroll" or somethin.g a little different.

Here is an example you could use

[ ] Play 50,000 hands
      [ ] Win at 5bb/100 +
      [ ] Watch 5 gold videos
      [ ] Get Platinum status
      [ ] Do three sweat sessions
      [ ] Blog three times a week

Hopefully at the end of the month it will look like..

[x] Play 50,000 hands
      [x] Win at 5bb/100 +
      [x] Watch 5 gold videos
      [x] Get Platinum status
      [x] Do three sweat sessions
      [x] Blog three times a week
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      xenitron (black member) said in his VOD that you can make $5k per month playing nl400 (or he said nl200 or 600, I can't remember for sure. Something high ahyway :D ).
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cekpirus88
      hey I was wondering when you really can see poker as a profession?
      I think it also depends in what country you live.
      For example I live in Latvia and here 1k$ in month is considered good salary which you cant even make working avarage job.
      If you live in England I think you need way more than 1k in month.
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      In Latvia is pretty good get 1k$ per month. There are lot off who get mush less.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Don't bother going pro unless you can make $5k in a land like Latvia. Poker shouldn't be about eeking out a living to pay for bread and rent.

As for your question. Calculate from this (bonuses/rakeback excluded):

1k hands at 1 PTBB/100

nl10 - $2
      nl25 - $5
      nl50 - $10
    • fishlock
      fishlock
      Bronze
      I made $6 this month, but then again I only play 20k hands so must be doing something right. Never ever trust a hairy man with a hat