NL 25 SSS stack was $4.30

Correct fold here?

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with J J
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, 3 folds, SB raises to $6, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls all-in $2.65, MP2 calls.

Flop: 6 7 2 ($15.9, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $11.2, Sidepot 1: $4.7)
      SB is all-in $3.1, MP2 calls.

Turn: 6 ($22.1, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $11.2, Sidepot 1: $10.9)

River: J ($22.1, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $11.2, Sidepot 1: $10.9)

Results:
      Final pot: $22.1
  • 4 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      SB reraises here vs. an UTG raise + one caller, so you will be dominated most of the time, so your fold is correct here.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I think UTG raise and SB re-raise is dangerous sign ,that they have aces or kings and Berliner 1982 is right you will be dominated in most of the time,but folding is not only correct option this time.You have not strongest,but decent pair enough, and the pot when was your turn to act was already 8.35$ ( your stack 4.30$,your stack:your raise-0.7:1) it`s reasonable to push all-in.Of course it`s a coin flip situation ,but to them too,especially in multiway pot.SSS is about aggression,and flop play article says about thrash hand ,that if the pot is twice as big as your remaining stack or even bigger, you move all-in no matter what kind of hand you are holding and what your opponents are doing.I think it can be reasonable apply this in pre flop situation with pairs.
      I`m just a rookie in poker ,but maybe Berliner1982 or other more experienced player can explain in more detail about pre flop re-raising and all-in in multiway pots.Thanks.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      I think UTG raise and SB re-raise is dangerous sign ,that they have aces or kings and Berliner 1982 is right you will be dominated in most of the time,but folding is not only correct option this time.You have not strongest,but decent pair enough, and the pot when was your turn to act was already 8.35$ ( your stack 4.30$,your stack:your raise-0.7:1) it`s reasonable to push all-in.Of course it`s a coin flip situation ,but to them too,especially in multiway pot.SSS is about aggression,and flop play article says about thrash hand ,that if the pot is twice as big as your remaining stack or even bigger, you move all-in no matter what kind of hand you are holding and what your opponents are doing.I think it can be reasonable apply this in pre flop situation with pairs.
      I`m just a rookie in poker ,but maybe Berliner1982 or other more experienced player can explain in more detail about pre flop re-raising and all-in in multiway pots.Thanks.
      Without checking it I agree to your mathematical argumentation and nevertheless with berliners evaluation. for sure SSS bases on the mathematical side. nevertheless we never should forget the players who are in. so at this situation where we know that we are mostly dominated most of the times I would fold. could bring the money in later.

Too many hands I played with this hand where I was in this situation and gave him AK AA KK and he had. So without reads a fold is ok imo. interested in further evaluations though ;)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      no matter how big was the pot, you are not getting more then 2x your stack, so you need 33% equity. Against 2 opponents with TT+,AKs,AKo you have only 27%.