This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

*[Insert Blogname]*

• IsaidGearUp
      IsaidGearUp
      Bronze
      Hey,
      my name is Paolo Pinkas. i´m a german economics student and want to blog here for some time about my games etc.
      The first question which might arise is:"Wait,he´s german,what the f does he do in the english section?"
      The answer is rather simple:I just don´t want to fall back with my english skills and furthermore try to improve my written english and i think the best way is to write about something i truely love..poker.
      I play HUSNG´s as my maingame and due to some problems with absolute poker i am now playing on pokerstars with a little shrunken bankroll.
      I will try to update this blog at least weekly to keep in touch with you guys,keep track of my results and try to always be focused when i play.
      I think my biggest problem right now is that i get quickly bored and fed up while i´m playing.The reason for that isn´t that i think the games are hard,the reason is that i don´t feel really challenged at the limits i am playing right now(we´re talking about 7$ hu´s).But instead of beeing fed up with the situation and tilting away some buy ins, i really should focus more on the games,beat them and climb up to where the lovely mindwars start ;) .
      So i already explained why i am doing this,the next point i want to adress is what i am expecting from you!
      Don´t hold back with any questions or discussable points and if you want to do me a huge favor please don´t hold back with any correction of big grammatical mistakes that i make.I think we can overlook some minor spelling mistakes.
      I will try to entertain you in the best way i can and appreciate your input!
      I likely will update this OP with some hands later.
      Graph which contains 4/5 3,5$ hu´s and 1/5 7$ hu´s

Threadsaver

[Removed by moderator after receiving a complaint]

music
  • 4 replies
    • IsaidGearUp
      IsaidGearUp
      Bronze
      Villain has been fairly aggro over the past 136 hands.we had a match some time ago but the only note i made was:bluffy
      He has shown down a lot of Ax hands in 3bet pots and didnt 3bet QQ.
      3B:21
      FCB:80
      AF:5.4 AFTurn:2.3 AFRiver:inf
      CRFlop:40;Donk:37
      Hero (BTN/SB): t1258 41.93 BBs
      BB: t1742 58.07 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with 7:club: 7:heart:
      Hero raises to t90, BB raises to t245, Hero calls t155

Flop: (t490) 3:heart: Q:club: 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t490) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: (t490) Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets t180, Hero ???

same villain

Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): t1653 55.10 BBs
      BB: t1347 44.90 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with 9:club: T:club:
      Hero raises to t78, BB calls t48

Flop: (t156) 5:spade: Q:club: 8:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets t102, BB raises to t240, Hero calls t138

I think the call is standard,against him we could also push but i like my outs and if i hit one to get it in on a later street.pushing might be ok but he will most likely fold anything except KK+,any set and Nfd´s.
      For all of the following questions is scenario
      a)He donks the turn into us
      b)He checks
      What do we do if we hit turn with any J,or :club: ?
      What do we do if we hit a 9 or a T?
      What do we do if the turn bricks off with a 4?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hey IsaidGearUp

I have moved your thread to our blog section :)

I will definitely follow. best of luck
    • IsaidGearUp
      IsaidGearUp
      Bronze
      Well,well,well look what we got here.
      One single response,i guess we can work on that but the fault is clearly on my side cause i haven´t been able to write/blog for some time.
      I celebrated my birthday start of october at the oktoberfest in munich.Was quite an exhausting weekend,where i managed to lose the friends i wanted to return with to my city..so i had to take the train on sunday by myself.Been an 8 hour trainride with a lot of drunken people who succesfully ignored my pitiful whispered"happy birthday to me"..Had to stand 5 of the 8 hours..god,i had so much fun...not
      Regarding poker it doesn´t run so well right now.University is kicking in again,so i can´t put in the volume i want to and i shouldn´t have posted my last graph where i ran pretty well.Seems like i have the problem to run good at lower stakes and as soon as i move up in stakes the shitstorm begins.
      Anyways,here is the full graph as it is right now

After the down,which began @475,i decided to move back to the 3.50$ and grind it back from there on.Felt like my game wasn´t on top and am still a bit frustrated to play lower than i am used to

As you can see i ran bad at the 7´s,because BI´s wise it´s not that bad,although i guess we can agree i shouldn´t have played the first 300 games ;)

That´s it for right now,will try to post some hands later on
    • IsaidGearUp
      IsaidGearUp
      Bronze
      Villain: PFR58,3Bet 21.4,F23Bet 67
      F2Fcbet83,Bet OOP vs missed Cbet67
      AF2.7

BB (t2236)
      Hero (SB) (t764)

Hero's M: 12.73

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, K
      Hero bets t80, BB calls t40

Flop: (t160) J, K, A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t160) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets t105, Hero raises to t290, BB calls t185

River: (t740) A (2 players)
      BB bets t400 ???

Total pot: t1528

Pre i really don´t want to ship directly,because i will isolate me vs a better calling range.Flop i check behind because he
      a)folds quite a lot to cbets
      and
      b)bets OOP vs my missed cbets

Turn happens exactly what i thought and i make an idiotic raise because i hope he´ll ship any Ace,Ace+Fd,Draws,weaker Kings.
      On the river my 2pair is counterfeited and he has me beat with Ax and KQ,which is a good amount of his valuerange i guess.If i fold to his riverbet i still got about 100bb left and can easily play PoF.
      Dont know if i would say that "ship turn" is the best play,because this rivercard is besides any :heart: the worst card in the deck for me,except the A is of course the most bluffable card for him.If the river bricks i got an easy game.

Even if i didn´t exchange one word with her
      Snapcall marriage ;)