[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AQo in the SB

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      His min reaise pre kind of confused me. Surely he would have 4 bet me if he had AA or KK. Unless he raises his PP this size. Didn't really know him well enough to be able to tell

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.87
      MP2:
      $2.84

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.30) Q:club: , 5:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP2 raises to $0.50, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.80
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Well, some even do like PPs raise like that so I wouldn't be surprised if he played the same way even with sets on flop. Although now is the question if we really can fold here. The guy has VPIP of ~50 which tells us that he might be able to Call with very wide range there, including even weaker Qx hands/semi-bluffs. Therefore at some spots I might even consider just 3betting and trying to get it in while the guy even seems to be somewhat aggressive. Although of course if you went for passive line then sure why not, that kind of min-raise/call preflop and then-minraise on flop could easily be a sign of strength too.

Best regards.