Stack
      BB:
      $4,84
      UTG:
      $0,53
      Hero:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , J:heart:
      UTG calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, 5 folds, BB calls $0,08, UTG raises to $0,18, Hero calls $0,08, BB calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,55) K:heart: , 6:diamond: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG raises $0,35 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,90

is it ok to call pre-flop if we take into account that he only has 53 cents ? or should i raise him all in ?

i assume he does this with at least a pair becouse i've seen him shove his small stack before and after i played this hand someone called him and he push with 33.

with that read in mind how would you play pre-flop?

off topic: As a general rule when is it ok to call a 3-bet? (with what type of hands )

Thanks!
      Bogdan
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bogdan1190,

Well, I doubt that it's purely off to make such a Call here while you have another loose opponent in the hand. But as you may understand you don't get the implied odds against that UTG so easily but rather just against the BB. :D But can we expect to get money from him if we even do hit? Also if we do hit our pair we will just never know where we stand with our hand and might even overplay it. Practically really depends how you feel your play being postflop.

off topic: As a general rule when is it ok to call a 3-bet? (with what type of hands )

Well, mostly of course when you expect the opponent to have a wide 3bet range and as well your hand has good equity against his hand. That's the simple rule. :)

Best regards.