fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) K:club: 5:spade: 5:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.45) K:club: 5:spade: 5:club: 9:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

RIVER ($3.05) K:club: 5:spade: 5:club: 9:heart: 9:club:

Hero bets $1.90, CO calls $1.90

Stats: 16/14/4.8/23, 20% steal, 91% cbet in 175 hands

I called preflop hoping to c/r or float some flops. And it's a hand that can get some draws also.

On the flop I called with the intent of betting on the river (if he doesn't 2nd barrel).

When he bets on the turn I put him on Kx and PPs betting to get a free showdown, or just bluffing, and a FD. He's rather tight though, so I'm not sure I should put him on this range.

On the river I have to bet of course, it's just unfortunate it was a 9 :club: , so I couldn't bet higher.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

What about his CBet on turn? I mean the guy could easily even go for 2nd barrel for that given reason I don't even like that much to Check/Call being OOP. Rather even would Check/Raise there.

But as played the river, well. Obviously he wouldn't bet there Kx anymore for value, rather the question is how much he would pay us with the Kx. If he is showdown bound than I would even consider doing it bigger, sometimes even ship vs fishy player. Although if he is rather regular then your bet size is totally fine. :)

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

What about his CBet on turn? I mean the guy could easily even go for 2nd barrel for that given reason I don't even like that much to Check/Call being OOP. Rather even would Check/Raise there.

But as played the river, well. Obviously he wouldn't bet there Kx anymore for value, rather the question is how much he would pay us with the Kx. If he is showdown bound than I would even consider doing it bigger, sometimes even ship vs fishy player. Although if he is rather regular then your bet size is totally fine. :)

Best regards.
      Yea but he wouldn't 3barrel with worse than Kx, so I was just going to c/f on the river unimproved. And I'm not sure he'd fold Kx to a c/r, so I wouldn't bluff much.

As I checked now his bet on the turn was pretty low, 25% in 3 times. I didn't check it at the time though, I looked at a wrong stat (that I thought it was cbet turn %) and it had no info... Big mistake there lol, if I checked it right I would just fold turn I think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hehe, that's the problem. :P Snap-fold on turn against that kind of opponent. We were just super-lucky. :D Next time at least we gonna avoid it.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hehe, that's the problem. :P Snap-fold on turn against that kind of opponent. We were just super-lucky. :D Next time at least we gonna avoid it.
      He had AA, I had 2% on the flop. Haha feels nice to suck out now and then though, I'm tired of getting sucked out by the fishes :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      He had AA, I had 2% on the flop. Haha feels nice to suck out now and then though, I'm tired of getting sucked out by the fishes :D
      Well. :D The case is, if you are playing solid poker then you will less likely see that you suckout. :D But obviously it feels good if you do that against a fish, then he might donate even more money to you.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Well. :D The case is, if you are playing solid poker then you will less likely see that you suckout. :D But obviously it feels good if you do that against a fish, then he might donate even more money to you.
      Yep, if I suckout against a fish I even say something on the chat to make him angrier :D