MP: $1.00
      CO: $1.68
      BTN: $3.00
      Hero (SB): $1.55
      BB: $0.80
      UTG: $2.15
      UTG+1: $2.01

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A :diamond: 4 :diamond:
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.10, BB calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.30) 9 :diamond: K :club: 3 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.30) 4 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds

River: ($0.38) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

If I look back at this hand, it does not seem like very good play. Does it matter who the opponent is; is this play permitted when with a hand with a "fish"?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20

I think completing nl 2 is a little better option than raising pf, since you´re oop and you can´t really valuebet 3 streets on Axx or 4xx boards, so you need to go pot control at some point and might loose quite big pot to the better hand or make incorrect fold

Since you have initiative I´d c-bet flop, since that board misses a lot of hands and you most likely take it down, since you can easily rep AK+ you can barrel on diamond cards if players like to float. And you might still have the best hand that you should protect

Personally prefer betting turn to protect my hand against random ranges and since no-one didn´t bet flop you´re likely now have the best hand.
      If you want to turn your hand into bluff catcher then calling down small bets are also fine.

Does it matter who the opponent is; is this play permitted when with a hand with a "fish"?
      - poker is all about opponent dependent. If player calls a lot pf and then fold all his hands to c-bet then raising A4s is profitable pf, if not and you´re often getting some sticky situations then completing is better.
      Same is postflop- you can choose to bet your hand for value or turn it into bluff catcher- that depends if player likes to bluff or not.
    • veriz
      Hello nixnatasjanix,

Definitely add to full stack if you are playing BSS. But about the play I'd be rather inclined to just CBet the flop while the board is pretty dry and we have a lot of fold equity against even smaller pairs/PPs.

Best regards.