This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Variance Sweet Variance

• keithbrad
      keithbrad
      Bronze
      I'm currently on the biggest downswing of my poker career. The past 4 days have hurt my roll pretty hard, I have really been trying to work on my mental game and have been dealing with tilt incredibly well after reading "The Poker Mindset" and Letherasses' "Poker as a Business". It just seems like I have the best hand until the river 90% of the time or I get it in good and get sucked out, I know it's "part of the game" and "that's poker" I actually just went through every losing hand for today with PokerStove and was happy with most of the hands I played with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 mistakes. Anyway just wanted to vent for a few minutes... This hand pretty much sums up the past few days of grinding for me:

Although I know could have been a lot worse. Just a weird hand.

Keep in mind I had a read on SB, had done min 3 bet shove couple times in previous hands with 1010+ AQ+.

PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $14.68
      BB: $54.99
      UTG: $26.98
      CO: $17.56
      Hero (BTN): $23.01

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4.25, Hero calls $3.50, SB raises to $8.75, BB raises to $54.99 and is all-in, Hero calls $18.76 and is all-in, SB calls $5.93 and is all-in

Flop: ($60.70, 3 players) 7:heart: 9:heart: 6:heart:

Turn: ($60.70, 3 players) 8:club:

River: ($60.70, 3 players) 5:spade:

SB shows K:heart: K:spade: (Straight, Nine High) (PreFlop 10%, Flop 4%, Turn 7%)
      BB shows A:heart: K:club: (Straight, Nine High) (PreFlop 5%, Flop 35%, Turn 24%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: A:spade: (Straight, Nine High) (PreFlop 85%, Flop 61%, Turn 69%)
      BB wins $0.00
      Hero wins $7.93
      BB wins $7.93
      SB wins $13.78
      Hero wins $13.78
      BB wins $13.78

I keep questioning and double questioning my play but I think I just have to thank variance at the end of the day and try to get through this one.

Any advice on getting through the BIG downswings?
  • 3 replies