This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] MSS NL5 - AK facing a min 3bet from BB

• sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      I really feel that I played this badly.

Villain is 16/10/2.3/12.5 (VPIP/PFR/AF/3bet) after only 37 hands.

Preflop: Villain's min 3-bet is quite mind boggling. Should I just have shoved here? I really felt that it was strong and he wanted to lure me into the pot with his QQ+ or maybe AK so I just called. I don't see him bluffing OOP that often. I know folding is not an option but I lost the initiative just by calling. So I think I made a mistake.

Flop: Flop is as good as I could wish for. I decided to raise all in with my TPTK, which was my plan right from the get-go.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $12.50
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $5.03
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $1.55
      UTG2:
      $4.91
      MP1:
      $5.28
      MP2:
      $4.35
      MP3:
      $9.15

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.15, 7 folds, BB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) K, 9, 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.25, BB calls $0.65.
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sp00nman
      Flop: Flop is as good as I could wish for. I decided to raise all in with my TPTK, which was my plan right from the get-go.
      Question for you:
      Does he call worse hands when you shove? If so which one?

Let me know,
      Gerv
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      The thing is his 3bet can be KQ+, 99+, AK. He might call my shove with KQ or maybe QQ.

Is it correct to 4bet shove preflop? I've been encountering this situation a lot and I don't usually know how to react. Its too weak to fold, and calling would mean I lose the initiative. If we go by the basic charts, then its clear-cut push or fold. But don't you think its quite exploitable? Our opps could just simply minraise/fold.
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Another hand similar to this:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2.82
      MP3:
      $4.89
      Hero:
      $1.98

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB raises to $0.35, MP3 calls $0.30, Hero ???
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would just flat the cbet since u rarely get called by worse.

As for the preflop debacle, the AQ is not similair since there is a coldcaller behind which can make shoving more enticing (dead money) or not (if he ain't folding -> then it doesnt make sense to shove)

If you aren't comfortable playing postflop when you call, you can shove or fold that's fine.

Best regards,
      Gerv