UTG ($2)
      Hero ($5.07)
      UTG+2 ($4.95)
      MP1 ($3.15)
      MP2 ($5.22)
      CO ($2.98)
      BTN ($4.33)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+2 calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.47) 5:heart: 5:diamond: A:spade:

BB bets $0.33, Hero calls $0.33, UTG+2 folds

TURN ($1.13) 5:heart: 5:diamond: A:spade: T:heart:

BB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64

RIVER ($2.41) 5:heart: 5:diamond: A:spade: T:heart: K:diamond:

BB bets $1.38, Hero folds

BB wins $2.30

Utg+2 is a 7/4 rock. The key villain in the BB is playing 17/14 with 3.5 3bet and 7.0 agg 200 hands. Obviously he is very aggressive and is looser than usual for a reg for this limit at Full Ring.
      I did not give the donk (first time he'd done it) much respect and thought that the rock might still come along with a mid pp. Once he fired again on the turn I was not liking my hand very much. Villain would have me playing 12/9 200hands so my utg range is pretty tight and yet he still fires (very quickly as well). Would it have been better to raise the flop and try to get to showdown if called? I called the turn on the assumption that there might still be some bluffs in his range but that once he bet the river I was screwed. Not really confident about how I played it to be honest. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello morris979,

Preflop: On those limits I'd still raise 4xBB. :)
      Postflop: Well, first thing to mention is that raising is out of question. Just no point, we just scare away a lot weaker hands. But as played, well the river changes the case that AK is even in his range and most likely we split with all kind of Ax hands. So at the best for us it's a split-call anyways. :P And for the given odds shouldn't be even that wrong to Call, although folding is totally fine as well and not investing that kind of money into the pot. His range may still consist even better 2pair type of hands which is betting like this, might even be 5x/FH.

Best regards.