Building a BR from Bonus

• darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      My two main sites at the moment are 888 and PKR, neither of which is giving me any rakeback but thats a different story. I currently have at this very moment in time $201 on 888 and $327 on PKR so combined I have a total br of $528.

What I'm thinking is if i withdraw the br from both and shove it all into another poker site (preferbly one I can get RB on) then I can effectively double it just by clearing the sign up bonus not including the money I'd make by playing (hopefully), once the bonus is clear to give me over $1000 then withdraw that nd repeat the process at another site to get to $2000.

Is this a good idea? I've never really whored a bonus a before and was wondering if anybody else has done something similiar.

Also I know I can win on 888 and PKR, I dont know if I can win on say I dunno Pokerstars, so is it a gamble putting all your br into one site?
  • 11 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      May work first time, but not sure if it will work again, because some sites have a 100% bonus upto a certain amount, not sure if its upto $1000, kinda depends on the site.

Little tip:

Dont deposit to full tilt :coolface:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Generally the maximum FDB around is about 1000euro, so yeah you can double your BR twice by just doing this and breaking even at the games. But hopefully you can win at the games as well and come out with even more than double :D
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      If your bankroll is 500$ its very unlikely youd be able to clear a 500$ bonus at most of the sites unless you play ALOT. However almsot all bonuses clear in small installments so this is not a problem, just consider it as extra rakeback. And I would definately advise you find a room with like 30% rakeback, there are a lot to chose from and it will certainly boost your $/hour
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      Well if I played say 0.10/0.25 SH cash and then beef it up to 0.25/0.50 when I can and Multi table on 4 and play for say I dunno 3 hours a day plus one MTT a day, how much do you think i could clear?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkpenance0
      Well if I played say 0.10/0.25 SH cash and then beef it up to 0.25/0.50 when I can and Multi table on 4 and play for say I dunno 3 hours a day plus one MTT a day, how much do you think i could clear?
      About bonus whoring William Hill got a 200% FDB and +you get 5SP / 1$ raked

You might also want to have a look at this thread that has an interesting discussion going on

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Best regards

Thazar
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      Well my plans gotta go on standby after a couple of days of just decimation. Down $70, I aint leaving till I get that back. Just can't seem to do anything right at the moment on the cash games. I raise when i should fold, fold when i should raise, and when I do have a good hand fker always out draws me.

So this plan is on standby for now till I win my money back. I might spend sometime revising the training videos, I'm nearly back at silver membership.
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      I have a similar BR at two sites and have had the same thought. As long as you continue using good BRM then I don't see the problem with merging but I wouldn't do it for the bonus, just so that I feel I can play higher limits. Most sites have a limit on how long you have to earn your bonus (several only give you a month to earn the entire bonus) and unless you're playing ever conscious hour playing poker, it's unlikely you'll get any of it. Pokerstars have quite a good bonus system and it's the only site where I actually managed to earn some of it. Released in increments over about 6 months.
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by deezer79
      I have a similar BR at two sites and have had the same thought. As long as you continue using good BRM then I don't see the problem with merging but I wouldn't do it for the bonus, just so that I feel I can play higher limits. Most sites have a limit on how long you have to earn your bonus (several only give you a month to earn the entire bonus) and unless you're playing ever conscious hour playing poker, it's unlikely you'll get any of it. Pokerstars have quite a good bonus system and it's the only site where I actually managed to earn some of it. Released in increments over about 6 months.
      Hey guys,

In regards to keeping the Bank Rolls separate, I don't think it is that big a deal, but I can see the sense in it. Putting them together to get a bigger bonus also makes sense, however you need to be able to clear it.

Bonuses are released in increments, so pieces, it is very rare to see a room which says "clear it all or get nothing", so you should always gets some value from your FDB, provided you havent deposited way above your rake generation level.

Stars do have a good bonus system, however the tables arent soft and the VIP system isnt rewarding low-mid volume players.

A very good FDB is on William Hill, which whilst being cleared gives you 43% rakeback, plus the VIP system on top. Check out our Overview thread here.

Essentially you have 60 days to clear the bonus and they give you 200% on whatever you deposit up to a maximum of $2000 (the bonus is a max of $2000, so a max deposit of $1000 would be needed to get it).

Hope thats useful :)
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      Well I'm still down on those horrible beats I had but I have clawed some of it back, once I'm back at $500 again I'm gonna take the plunge and go for it and William Hill seems like a good one.

If I played NL25 SH 4 tables for about 3 hours a day would I clear the whole bonus?
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkpenance0
      Well I'm still down on those horrible beats I had but I have clawed some of it back, once I'm back at $500 again I'm gonna take the plunge and go for it and William Hill seems like a good one.

If I played NL25 SH 4 tables for about 3 hours a day would I clear the whole bonus?
      If you deposiy $500 you'll need to rake about $2500 to clear the whole thing. Have a look to see how much you rake at nl25 just now per hour and do some calculations :)
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      lmao, well I know without calculating that I dont rake that much. I suppose I'd have to aim for clearing a quarter of that so $125 in a month is realistic, unless of course I dominate the tables at William Hill then I can go up a stake or even 2 and then aim to clear half bonus or then maybe the full bonus if I get to NL1. A long shot I know but hey you can dream :f_love: