NBA 's Back Baby!!

• MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      With the NBA season starting soon (Fingers crossed.), it’s time to look at the teams and we’re going to start with my team; the Bulls. Since the glory days of the early 90’s, I’ve had a soft spot for the Bulls. For entertainment and characters alone the 90’s will never be matched. I miss the NBA of old, the antics of that loveable rogue; Barkley, the backboard smashing ‘Shaq Attack’ and who could forget the Pippen dunk over Ewing? I know, I know, I’m showing my age, but is there a current match up that could rival the intensity of the old Bulls v Pistons games? In today’s NBA, would Pitinos bad boys get away with gameplans based on the infamous ‘Jordan rules’? Ah the good ol days…..when the Simpsons were funny, Hip-Hop was Hip-Hop and Nintendo owned your pocket money.

Chicago Bulls Starting 5 (probable):

PF: Carlos Boozer
      C: Joakim Noah
      SF: Luol Deng
      SG: Keith Bogans
      PG : Derrick Rose

Central Division:

• Chicago Bulls
      • Cleveland Cavaliers
      • Detroit Pistons
      • Indiana Pacers
      • Milwaukee Bucks

First Game: Mon, Oct 10: Charlotte @ Chicago, Tip Off: 8:00 PM ET.

Star Man:

• Derrick Rose
      • Guard

2011 Playoffs Statistics:

• PPG: 27.1
      • RPG: 4.30
      • APG: 7.7
      • EFF: + 21.88
      • Born: Oct 4, 1988 Height: 6-3 / 1.91 Weight: 190 lbs. / 86.2 kg. College: Memphis Years Pro: 3

Profile: Derrick Martell Rose.

Born in Chicago, Rose won two state championships and played for the University of Memphis Tigers. After reaching the NCAA national championships in 2008, Rose was included in the 2008 NBA Draft and selected first overall by the Chicago Bulls.

On May 3, 2011, Rose, at the age of 22, was named the NBA Most Valuable Player, surpassing Wes Unseld as the youngest player in league history to receive the award (Unseld won the award during the 1968-69 NBA season at age 23). Rose joined Michael Jordan as the only players to receive the award in Chicago Bulls history. In the 2011 NBA Playoffs, the Bulls defeated the Indiana Pacers and Atlanta Hawks in the first two rounds. In the Eastern Conference Finals, the Bulls faced the Miami Heat, led by their three All-Stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The Bulls lost the series in five games. During the 2011 playoffs, Rose averaged 27.1 points per game, but only shot 39% from the field and 24% for three pointers.
  • 16 replies