[NL2-NL10] KK Facing min raise on Flop

• keoghh
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) K:diamond: , Q:club: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG2 raises to $0.24, Hero raises to $0.91, UTG2 raises to $0.83 (All-In).

Turn: ($1.93) 5:spade:
      River: ($1.93) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows a straight, king high (Js Td)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Ks)

UTG2 wins with a straight, king high (Js Td)

Ok so would like so feedback on this hand, my thought process is that he is limp/calling preflop, which may indicate weak ace or weak king, possibly pocket pair set-mining.

Flop im betting for value and protection, any :diamond: any J or any 10 are scare cards for us. He min raises, which im thinking hes hit something, hopefully a set so i have him dominated with my top set, so i decide to ship it in on the flop as there could be alot of scare cards on turn and river.
  • 3 replies
    • boomer011
      I would have to say this is a standard cooler. While his flop min-raise indicates huge strength; your hand is simply too strong, and the odds of redrawing (~35%) too high to find a fold here. First of all hands like a set of 9's, a QJ or KJ, so a pair and a straight draw, and even Q9 if OP is loose are in his range of aggressive play. When combined with his short stack thus folding would certainly be -EV long term; you hit the top of his range and missed your draw, happens.
    • Tomaloc
      nice hand, he could also have lowersets/twopair and even against a straight you have outs for FH

this is how i perceive his minr range

Board: K:diamond: Q:club: 9:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG+2  43.08%  42.51%   0.58% { 99, KQs, K9s, Q9s, JTs, KQo, JTo }
      MP1    56.92%  56.34%   0.58% { KhKs }
    • veriz
      Hello keoghh,

Preflop: Raise it $0,10 preflop with one limper. :P
      Postflop: I don't like that much the CBet size here, I'd definitely do it a bit bigger near the pot, maybe even $0,18. But of course when we get raised there is no way we getting away here while he may easily have a lot worse hands. Even if he has straight we still have a lot of outs. Nice hand! Don't be result oriented!

Best regards.