This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK Facing min raise on Flop

• keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $0.91
      Hero:
      $3.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) K:diamond: , Q:club: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG2 raises to $0.24, Hero raises to $0.91, UTG2 raises to $0.83 (All-In).

Turn: ($1.93) 5:spade:
      River: ($1.93) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows a straight, king high (Js Td)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kh Ks)

UTG2 wins with a straight, king high (Js Td)

Ok so would like so feedback on this hand, my thought process is that he is limp/calling preflop, which may indicate weak ace or weak king, possibly pocket pair set-mining.

Flop im betting for value and protection, any :diamond: any J or any 10 are scare cards for us. He min raises, which im thinking hes hit something, hopefully a set so i have him dominated with my top set, so i decide to ship it in on the flop as there could be alot of scare cards on turn and river.
  • 3 replies
    • boomer011
      boomer011
      Bronze
      I would have to say this is a standard cooler. While his flop min-raise indicates huge strength; your hand is simply too strong, and the odds of redrawing (~35%) too high to find a fold here. First of all hands like a set of 9's, a QJ or KJ, so a pair and a straight draw, and even Q9 if OP is loose are in his range of aggressive play. When combined with his short stack thus folding would certainly be -EV long term; you hit the top of his range and missed your draw, happens.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nice hand, he could also have lowersets/twopair and even against a straight you have outs for FH

this is how i perceive his minr range

Board: K:diamond: Q:club: 9:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG+2  43.08%  42.51%   0.58% { 99, KQs, K9s, Q9s, JTs, KQo, JTo }
      MP1    56.92%  56.34%   0.58% { KhKs }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keoghh,

Preflop: Raise it $0,10 preflop with one limper. :P
      Postflop: I don't like that much the CBet size here, I'd definitely do it a bit bigger near the pot, maybe even $0,18. But of course when we get raised there is no way we getting away here while he may easily have a lot worse hands. Even if he has straight we still have a lot of outs. Nice hand! Don't be result oriented!

Best regards.