• stitch01
      Hi, my name is Srdjan aka stitch01.

I'm playing poker because I want to earn money. A lot of money:) But, I really love the game, and want to improve myself so one day I can play some major tournaments or high stakes tables.

The biggest weakness is that I some time play after a night out, little drunk and then I usually go on maniac mode. Second, after an 1 hour I lose my concentration but still continue to play (this is because I don't play everyday). Sometimes I underestimate my opponents. And, my reads on opponents are sometimes totally wrong.

Well, obviously it means to play tight and aggressive when you enter the hand. To try to be in position most of the time. You should avoid marginal situations as much as possible. Don't bluff to often, play for big pots only with strong hands.... It works becouse if you play like this you put probability on your side and in long terms you win.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Playing drunk is just horrible. As you may know that driving drunk is not allowed therefore actually it should be the same with poker. :D You should ban poker for your play if you are drunk. You gonna do too maniac plays as you said which are gonna cost you rather you gonna win money. If you are playing on higher limits although still want to play drunk then you can play very small stakes for that. :)

Well, it seems that you also play with some kind of distraction, is that right? Which doesn't let you concentrate enough.

Lack of concentration is a common leak for beginners. They just play with music, watching TV, reading forums. But those kind of distractions really will just make you loose more money. Ain't ya there for win money? :) So act like that and force yourself always close all kind of distractions and try to stay concentrated on the tables. Everyone will find their own way how they are able to concentrate more.

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.