Deep live game

• enemaze
      I started playing at a live game at 5 sb and 5 bb.
      I usually bring about 200bb with me (that's more or less what i can afford to lose and i've just started playing there so i still dont really have a "roll") and buy in for roughly 80-100bb and rebuy if i get short.

The thing is, a lot of the players there buy in on average at 400bb (one time someone bought in for 1000b), which i cant really afford atm. I think if i play with 400 bb or more behind i will play a bit more scared. Losing 200bb is something i can cope with without feeling too bad about it and i don't feel it would affect my game.
      As far as stacks go, what would be the best approach for playing since i have limited funds? should i play MSS style, wait for spots to double up through the big stacks? maybe just buy in for as much as im comfortable with?
      Also, the identical blinds, does that require any special adjustments?
  • 3 replies
    • nathanrenard
      Its a $5/$5 game?

Just play your best game and in your comfort zone. People playing deep (especially fish) is just money coming your way. I would never sit down at a cash game (live) with more than 250bb, does not seem worth it.

You cant do MSS, as you will become way predictable as well, just keep your A game, and do your best.
    • DoigteurFou
      Keep playing tight, no fancy preflop play/calls since you're not deep enough to work with implicit odds, and not deep enough to outplay your opponents (AI on the turn if betting two streets, especially with the big preflop sizing of the raises there).

Be careful as well, limpers can have hands they simply don't raise.
      As MSS, keep in mind that 3betting here will be quite hard. Typical preflop raises are about 6-7BB, which means a 3bet should be 20BB, half your stack (meaning you will be committed on the flop). You should find a solution about this before getting to the tables, because coming up with a strategy once at the tables will be quite hard.

GL at the tables :)
    • CookieCCFC
      I usually find at live games, the more chips one has, the more they'll call drawing hands, ect. Just play tight, and don't be afraid to put your chips in.