This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

how long brake after a big win?

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Well, in the start of this month i started out playin @ partypoker with a deposit of 50$. Played a little little 2nl at first, then started out on some few MTT's.

I got down to about 40$. Then i took a stupid shot @ a 11$ mtt, and actually came out as nr2, after huge underdog @ finaltable.

After that i took a break for about 3 days.
      My br was then about 330$

When i came back and took another shot @ a mtt again. That game game i was even more focused than ever, and when we were down to 18, i started to tilt?? I think because i realized that with my br so high @ that point, i would have so many more shot. And then i finished as nr14 with money to 13 and up. I remember a actually started dreaming about everything neat sweat :D and i could get as much as i wanted because i was so solid in theese mtt's

I think that maybe beacuse i did break my rule, i then started playin 22$ mtts and down, until i woke up, and my br was down to 20$

Then here is my question: Was my break too short, or too long, or should i not had taken a break?

The reason i ask u guys, is because i've actually had a similar episode about a year ago.

Back then i played insane much @ full tilt, with no actual brm.
      I remember i had 160$ left on my ftp acc, when i took a shot @ a 100$ mtt. I know that was a insane aproach on my br. But i actually won that mtt, 1. place 5990$
      Right after that, i threw 1k$ away in 5 min, on 2 500$ superturbo 6mans sitngos.
      After that i cashed everything out and payed my car insurance :D

So the reason i took the break on 3 days is because i didnt want something like that to happen again, however i feel i took a too long break back then. Especially because i had an insane run on 3 weeks. 3 weeks before i won the 32.5k gtd, i played on betsafe. 1 day: 2. out of 562. Stopped playing. Same day a week later: 1. out of 1045. Then the day after. 1 out of 569. 6 days later: 2 out of xxx (cant remember).
      And it was the day after, when i woke up, i sat in my chair, and took a shot on fulltilt instead. were i won as mentioned above.

The reason im asking is because i would very much like to get that mindset back. Because back then, there were no tryin, only "i will easy win this" every time.
      Nowadays, i think "well, i just won so much, i can easely apply extra pressure, because i can just start a new one, i dont get lucky. And that led to my trying so many times my roll whent all the way to the bottom.

How long breaks do u take, if u take any, and why?
  • 8 replies