This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AK villain calls 4bet IP

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($37.28)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($27.95)
      UTG+1 ($16.50)
      Hero ($23.10)
      BTN ($20.91)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN raises to $1.80, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4.80, BTN calls $3

FLOP ($9.90) 8:diamond: A:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($9.90) 8:diamond: A:diamond: 2:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

RIVER ($21.90) 8:diamond: A:diamond: 2:spade: T:heart: 5:heart:

Hero bets $12.30 (AI), BTN calls $10.11 (AI)

23/21/3
      3bet from BTN 20
      fold to cbet 43 (7)
      wtsd 30
      w$sd 38 (26)

Very likely its a bluff preflop, but I 4bet him because I don't want to play this OOP withouth initiative.

After flop - ace is scare card for him, so I check to induce bluff. I think I don't need to protect too much, he is not calling preflop with small suited connectors.

But its interesting - what hand can I put him on? It could be AA, but on the other hand - we see 2 aces already, so its less likely. Maybe KK - but again - why shoud he call KK? Is he putting me on 4bet bluff? I am not 4bet bluffing often. But actually I shoud consider doing it, because he 3bet bluffs very often, so he shoud fold a lot of his bluffs.
      QQ ? Maybe, still the same - I am not 4bet bluffing. Don't know what is he thinking.

Ok, on turn if he has QQ or KK, I try to get value from him. He does not put me on ace. But if he only has AA, then I should simple try to go to cheap showdown. But with AA he is probably betting turn and river, and I still have to call, so if the money goes in the pot anyway, I can bet myself and hope he is calling with worse.
  • 2 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      You really don't have to worry about AA It's just cooler really. I can put him on JJ-AA AK-AQs pre. If he likes traping with AA well just haoppends and you note this.

Flop - I like check here you dont have worry about FD to much. Check is good to induce float.

Turn - Since he didn't bet flop he might have JJ-KK. It's good to start beting here to show weaknes by trying to push him away from hand he might think like that and he wont believe us for AK.

River - easy ship , all range what I gave him you just crush. If he's loose a bit in 3b/4b spots he might call ATs and only this hand beat you here : Like I said AA = cooler ;)

Good hand
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      You really don't have to worry about AA It's just cooler really. I can put him on JJ-AA AK-AQs pre. If he likes traping with AA well just haoppends and you note this.

Flop - I like check here you dont have worry about FD to much. Check is good to induce float.

Turn - Since he didn't bet flop he might have JJ-KK. It's good to start beting here to show weaknes by trying to push him away from hand he might think like that and he wont believe us for AK.

River - easy ship , all range what I gave him you just crush. If he's loose a bit in 3b/4b spots he might call ATs and only this hand beat you here : Like I said AA = cooler ;)

Good hand
      +1
      Not trying also to get away tptk in 4-bet pot, so I also think either c/c flop and then c/rai turn or checking flop, betting turn and shoving river should be fine.