This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] MSS NL5 - 99, 3bet pot

• sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      I try(at my best) to follow the strategy/charts as strictly as I can. However, I usually struggle with this kind of situation. 3-bet pot and I am holding a medium-trash hand. Should I c-bet here? If so, how much?

Also, how would you play this hand differently?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $6.57
      Hero:
      $1.93

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.27) J:heart: , 4:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.27) K:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.7, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.27
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Sp00nman,

You can c-bet 3-bet pots almost always if you miss like it is the case in this hand.

C-bet of half pot would be the way to go. If you c-bet you still have a nice chance of winning the pot on the flop which makes a c-bet +EV and if you don't c-bet you give the villain chance to bluff you out of the hand with worse. One more thing, there are also 3 overcards you have to protect from.

Best regards,
      burek2000