[NL2-NL10] AKo BU NL5

• spid3rix
      spid3rix
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      BB

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.22) A:spade: , Q:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.85, BB raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.55.

Turn: ($6.02) 4:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.19 (All-In), Hero calls $2.07 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($10.16) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.16
      My call preflop is ok? My opinion that a 4bet/fold or a 4bet/call was out of the question.
      Should i have folded on the flop? when he raises there he could represent AA or QQ ( I really didnt know what to do in that spot).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello spid3rix,

Preflop: Guess the Call is fine if you expect the opponent to do the 3bets a lot lighter and maybe even weaker Ax hands. Although I guess folding might be safer if he is rather tighter side.

As played
      Postflop: Well, usually such a min-bet and then 3betting like that is a trap. I'd really be inclined to Raise/Fold here since I don't really see any worse hand taking such a line. I mean what do we beat?

Best regards.
    • spid3rix
      spid3rix
      Bronze
      So usually in that spot a raise will show us if it is a trap or not right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by spid3rix
      So usually in that spot a raise will show us if it is a trap or not right?
      Nah, not only that. If the opponent would bet a lot bigger then I wouldn't even raise. But rather it's usually the case when they min-bet like that and then 3bet it's often a sign of strong hand.