• DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      adf
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Will follow :)

I like you play in that hand, he's not calling a 2nd barrel with worse than Kx and is likely to bet the river with most of his range after you check back. You just got unlucky that he spiked his 2 outer on the river :D
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      ok cool, so couple things, 1) try not to post results just because it taints ppls opinions of hands, 2) any reads or more stats would be cool.

This spot depends on the type of player and what u think hes capable of, for example if he had TJ do u think he would check river or thin valuebet river?

also what do u think his range is for calling in sb, stats like VPIP and 3b% are v helpful here.

Anyway, I think theres a couple lines, if hes bad aggressive, u can defo checkback the flop and call T, call R.

If hes passive u can bet flop, check turn and then on the river, fold if he bets and bet if he checks.

It's kind of hard to give u a general line coz it alot depends on his range preflop.

So what we know: he's 32VPIP 22PFR and 6 aggression over 41 hands.
      So to start with we know hes not a mega passive fish, who just calls any pair and only raises nuts. His stats of 32/22 over 41 kinda indicate hes going to be somewhat reggy (his VPIP&PFR will likely decrease later on in the session). He has 6 aggression, so he will be aggressive in spots.

Vs this type of player, we can definitely imagine hands such as TJ 9Ts 89 KJ KT preflop, he can also have TT JJ KQ, but we don't know what his 3b% is so we don't know whether or not he will 3b these hands preflop or not.

Ok so standard line vs player on this:

Flop: We cbet, definitely value here, he can have 2nd pairs, gutshots, open enders in his range. He can also fold hands like AT that have an overcard to us, which is definitely not bad, we can check back and he can draw out or pick up equity vs us. So definitely valuebet here.

Turn: Now we have a decision, can we bet for value vs his range? This is definitely where it comes in handy to know how wide his turn range actually is, because at this point there is definitely an argument for checking back and definitely an argue for valuebetting. If we knew his fold to cbet stat, we can atleast narrow his range. If you check back here, do you think he will bluff the river with a hand like TJ if he misses? are you willing to call? I think here I would check back and evaluate the river. (vs some opponents betting like halfpot is fine, I would bet this vs the looser fishier opponents who call too much out of the blinds).

River: Do you give him credit for ever value betting thinly here? Do you think he can ever have TJ here? Probably not, he would probably c/c Jx here, infact I think on this river he is going to be betting only Kx+. So on this river I would fold. If villain had checked to us I think it's a very easy half pot value bet.

It's worth noting that his preflop range is going to be very broadway heavy, he will generally have many Kx in his range here (I would say many Qx too but we block 2 Qx).

bet flop, check turn, either bet or fold river. :)

Sorry if this was long and rambly but just trying to get some thought process going. He is aggressive but I don't think we can just assume he will value bet us thinly on the river. Now if u see him bet a J or A9 in this spot, make sure u take a note on the player and then next time u can make many better decisions in this spot.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Good luck in your quest Duke13, will follow :)

Roo
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      adf
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      adf
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      subscibed
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Yes definitely, and don't worry I will be a good coach and help/provide u with some learning vids etc. I have membership on deuces, bluefire & cardrunners :) once uve done vid and ive reviewed, we can sweat and get some sort of material to learn from :)
    • YabYayo
      YabYayo
      Bronze
      Subscribed! We've got some competition i see :D
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Will be following! Nice to see this up so quickly! Good luck and just enjoy the process!
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Good luck in your quest Duke13, will follow :)

Roo
      Thanx a lot mate. Great to have you here !! :)
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      subscibed
      Welcome my lady... :)
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      Yes definitely, and don't worry I will be a good coach and help/provide u with some learning vids etc. I have membership on deuces, bluefire & cardrunners :) once uve done vid and ive reviewed, we can sweat and get some sort of material to learn from :)
      That s awesome!! I ll be the best trainee I ll make you proud! :D
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YabYayo
      Subscribed! We've got some competition i see :D
      Definitely we' ve got !!!!! :D Great to see you here mate. I follow your blog too. Wish you GL. If you want we can have study sessions in the future.
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      glgl

those mentoring programs u guys got running recently are def +ev for all ppl involved. cuz coaching others also rly boosts the overall understanding of the game. and ofc getting coached/mentored helps a lot in improving at faster pace.

hf!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TwiceT
      glgl

those mentoring programs u guys got running recently are def +ev for all ppl involved. cuz coaching others also rly boosts the overall understanding of the game. and ofc getting coached/mentored helps a lot in improving at faster pace.

hf!
      Thanks TT, also we must thank good ol' vonkster & wriggers for the idea.

I think, thinking about spots that I probably try to avoid thinking about alot will be +EV for me as a coach. Also be nice to try and help some people try to make it. Maybe one day they'll be better than me and return the favour, who knows!
    • Firefly52
      Firefly52
      Bronze
      I just jumped in, managed to get rolled for NL4 SH today, the lowest SH games on partypoker :f_cool: .

I am new to SH, so I will be studying a couple of days before actually sitting down at the tables, I want to do it the proper way this time :f_biggrin: .

A lil bit about me:

20 year old student, looooots of free time, got my second starting capital 2-3 weeks ago, donked some away in SnGs, played fish -> maniac -> LAG -> TAG on NL2 for 2 weeks to make the losses back and get rolled for NL4.

Current BR: $100.01

Current goals (september):

[ ] Read all silver BSS articles about SH play.
      [ ] Watch my studymate DukeXIII play.
      [ ] Play my first SH session. (extra points if I don't tilt / donk away money) :f_grin:
      [ ] Make a new HUD setup for SH.
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      adf
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      GL to you both, definitely got yourself a great mentor in fusion, will be following!