This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - TPGK on limped pot vs fish

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.84)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($9.43)
      UTG+1 ($3)
      CO ($11.51)
      BTN ($3.70)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.25) J:heart: 3:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

TURN ($0.65) J:heart: 3:spade: 6:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $9.70 (AI), BTN folds

Hero shows J:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero wins $2.52

Stats: 47/20/6.0 in 15 hands

I normally would have raised pf, but I was distracted with other tables...

On the flop I c/c to let him bet, donks do this a lot in limped pots vs blinds. A c/r would only leave Jx and better, so I just called.

Since on the turn it's possible he got some draw, and I don't want him to CBH a J, 6 or 9, so I DBed. I didn't respect his raise because my line looks like a bluff, and he has a small stack so I don't mind if he calls my 3bet. I 3betted him because he could have draws, and he'd still call with Jx. I also didn't want to call another bet on the river.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: You can easily even isolate here vs BTN but obviously ain't a must.

As played
      Flop: I'd still donk myself here and avoid the question-like play here if we are ahead or not. :D He is definitely loose enough to pay us with a lot of hands.

As played
      Turn: Well, obviously he is an aggressive player. But be real, this is just a freeplay pot. :D Is it really worth to fight over it? But of course it ain't a huge problem even to go broke here. Most likely if I'd plan to continue then I'd also 3bet and get it in than let him catch a free card. Nice hand!

Best regards.