Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      BB:
      $1,8
      CO:
      $4,88

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3:heart: , 3:spade:
      6 folds, CO raises to $0,08, BU folds, Hero calls $0,07, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,24) 8:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $0,18, Hero calls $0,18, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,60) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,4, Hero calls $0,40.

River: ($1,40) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $1,40

i should of made a bet on the river about 50 cents he had no reason to bet again on the river so i should of taken the initiative.

Is it ok the way i played?
  • 2 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd raise the flop to protect against draws, both from CO and BB. If CO has an overpair, 8x with a good kicker or a draw with overcards he'll shove many times, or he'll call and will have an hard time folding on the turn.

As played raise the turn definitely, you have to extract value from your set.

And on the river, as played, yea you have to bet. I put CO on overpairs, 8x and busted draws there, and he'll check many times because your line looks like a draw. And you can bet somewhat big there, to make it looks like you missed your draw. He won't be able to put you on a FH.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bogdan1190,

Flop: I'd actually just donk right on flop myself. :) Or either way Check/Raise, there is no way I am going to Check/Call flop & turn like you did, which is in long run just horrible. You might even see Check behinds there.

As played
      Turn: To avoid him Checking behind I'd rather even bet here myself than let him Check behind. ;) Or even if you go for Check then it's definitely the same as with flop, we are going to Check/Raise it.
      River: Well yeah, the situation happened what we were fearing him Checking behind. :) To avoid that you have to bet yourself!

Best regards.