This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH A6s against loose stealer

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.95)
      Hero ($28.97)
      UTG ($22.56)
      CO ($24.72)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero 6:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($1) 6:diamond: 4:spade: K:spade:

SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

TURN ($2.40) 6:diamond: 4:spade: K:spade: Q:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.40) 6:diamond: 4:spade: K:spade: Q:spade: Q:heart:

SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

25/24/10.7
      steal from SB 86
      fold to resteal 69
      cbet 90
      cbet turn 53
      wtsd 40

Have seen him squeezing with KQ and A5s

2.1K hands

I don't 3bet him, because I don't want to isolate against better range, have position, easily beat his steal range.

He bluffs on flop and gives up turn a lot, but don't know if this player is floatable, becayse he goeas to a showdown a lot. So don't know what plan would be there.

But now on flop he cbets of course - maybe I shoud raise for protection? Because my pair is very vulnerable. If he pushes I will have to fold, but he could easily push with draw. So probably call is better to llet him bluff.

Turn - just check to induce bluff on river. He is not calling with worse if I bet.

River - have to call I guess, since I didn't show any strength earlier.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Shove is pf profitable that spot with A6s, since he would b/f some better hands like A7-A9 and he may also raise/fold 22-55, but if you want to play postflop then call is also fine.
      Can´t really fold your pair, so flop call should be standard and then give up if he barrels turn. Not sure about raise/folding. I would rather take that spot tp or draw that I´m comfortable raise/calling rather hand that has showdown value.

Turn you likely can´t bet for value, so I´m fine checking it down. Don´t think he would bluff that often on the river, but if you think he may bluff some strange spots then call with pair is definitely reasonable.