Sidechat

• ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Can we have a little sidechat or something on the site so we can instantly talk to other players online.

could only help the community atmosphere and could have the option to turn it off if people want to be anti social. :s_evil:
  • 10 replies
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Why can't you do that on the forum? :f_frown:
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by darkprice
      Why can't you do that on the forum? :f_frown:
      Good question!

Were you thinking about a facebook chat style interface?

Seems we'd be duplicating functionality that the forum already has...
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      ummmm it would be like a little chat box to the side of the screen in real time, so I can chat with people who ever is on. nothing like forums
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArkhamAsylum
      ummmm it would be like a little chat box to the side of the screen in real time, so I can chat with people who ever is on. nothing like forums
      Hi Arkham,

Pretty nice idea! I will forward this to our developers and see if they can surprise us all :)

However, I know that we are very busy with a lot of good projects which involves the forum/website therefore we might have to wait for this. Even better, we might end up with something even more powerful than a real time chatter interface! :heart:

Keep you posted
      Ingrid
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      The bad thing about a chat is that whatever is said goes lost. In the forum if something interesting is discussed people can come there anytime and read what's been said and maybe add something instead of "restarting" the discussion on the chat.

It's also harder to moderate a chat.

I would rather not see a chat.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Most of your posts points are poor, most sites have a side chat, how do they make it work darkprice ???

Also what in the world are you talking about things get lost darkpiece ????

It is a side chat, not a monument to store every little detail, people are not thick :f_eek: they know if they want somethign to last = go to forums, also history of chat logs are always stored on any site I know of anyway, and I work in marketing so I worked with a few.

If you want to start a debate use forums, if you want to talk to someone and spark CHIT CHAT with some easy going banter or serious in the moment discussion and a convo while you are on = side chat.

You are getting confused with the concepts, that is why they are both different.

Did someone put you up to saying that post as it is weak dude :f_biggrin: also easily moderated, not exactly hard to silence or sheriff people.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Most of your posts points are poor, most sites have a side chat, how do they make it work darkprice ???

It is a side chat, not a monument to store every little detail, people are not thick :f_eek: they know if they want somethign to last = go to forums, also history of chat logs are always stored on any site I know of anyway, and I work in marketing so I worked with a few.

If you want to start a debate use forums, if you want to talk to someone and spark CHIT CHAT with some easy going banter or serious in the moment discussion and a convo while you are on = side chat.

You are getting confused with the concepts, that is why they are both different.

Did someone put you up to saying that post as it is weak dude :f_biggrin: also easily moderated, not exactly hard to silence or sheriff people.
      Hi there Arkham,

Thank you for posting your opinion.

However, I must say that I'm a bit disappointed with your tone towards darkprice (or could have been any other member). We are always happy to hear what our members have to say but I don't like to see the extra lines of unnecessary, unhelpful comments.

As I've said earlier, its a great idea but for now we aren't able to make it happen. Also, PokerStrategy.com is living off from its forum material and I wouldn't like to drive that traffic into a side chat where I couldn't even follow you guys :(

I'll definitely discuss this further with my colleagues and get back to you on Monday to give some further feedback.

have a nice Sunday
      Ingrid
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze

Drop that arrogant behaviour, who do you think you are. Most of arguments were solid, also your idea is OK.

But personally I do not see a need for side chat. If you really want to chat with someone, get skype, it's much better option. If you are friends with someone in this comunity you can get their skype easily. Side chat will not bring much new things, since you will also have to get a confirmation/premission from other person that he wants to talk with you also. So where's the benefit over skype or Live Messenger? :f_confused:
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      I realise darkprice is a friend to both of you, that is why you two are telling me to drop this imaginary behaviour, show in my post where I did NOT BACK UP MY POINTS.

So in simple terms I am not here to bow down to you guys, if you say I have been arrogant when I know I have not been, then I can shrug it off with no worries. What I would say it is just a misinterpretation to how you viewed my response.

Yet again my post was backed up with reasoning and logic, if that is now arrogance, then I am full of it. :f_biggrin:

Your perception of my answer is what is the stumbling block. :s_biggrin: and ticiboy I would not worry, with the cutbacks at pokerstrategy I doubt a chat is top of the list of things to do, and if it is never made I will be fine. I will go talk on msn now tici, ace suggestion good :f_p:

quote by ticiboy

"Side chat will not bring much new things, since you will also have to get a confirmation/premission from other person that he wants to talk with you also"

With that one sentence I have determined you are not even thinking and posting about the same thing I described, sooooooooooooo :D

Sadly :f_frown: I think ingrid does not understand what I actually meant by a side chat, I think she understands the majority of what my idea was. But the part of not being able to follow anyone, of course she would be able to follow anyone, it is a side chat for everyone, it would be a place for everyone to talk if they wished and get to know one another, it that a bad thing to give another reason for a pokerstrategy member to log in and make it easier on them to talk ??. I would send her a example of a side chat, but I am not on her buddy list. It is very easy to code from my dealings in the past.

So make it, don't make it, not really a major issue.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey guys,

what is going on here?

first of all, there is no bowing down requested of anyone. this forum should be a place where all opinions are welcomed and respected.

Arkham, if you read what they said, you would know that they appreciated your opinions and said that the idea was OK. Ingrid said that she would bring it to attention to the head office for consideration which is appropriate in this case. If you feel she did not understand properly, you are very welcome to message her via the communication tool.

darkprice also posts his own opinion about a side chat which he is also entitled to do. if you do not agree with those opinions, that is perfectly fine. but that does not warrant calling his opinions poor nor the hostile tone your post was in (as can be felt by adding multiple "???" and the way it was written). I believe Ticiboy and darkprice have never met each other and Ticiboy is just responding to your hostile tone as well. If you did not mean it to sound that way, that is quite regrettable indeed and an unfortunate misunderstanding, but coming from a 3rd point of view, it strikes me that way.

I carry no sides here. It does not matter to me whose points are backed up and who is logical or not. However, I cannot tolerate belittling or making fun of other people's opinions nor hostile behavior. We aim to keep our forum in a friendly atmosphere. If you need further clarification, I am linking the forum principles here.

I feel that your suggestions have been adequately heard and that nothing constructive can be further added to this thread, thus i am closing it now.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
      Wendy