$4.24
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU:
      $4.00
      SB (Hero):
      $1.59

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, T.
      6 folds, BU calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, BB calls $0.12, BU folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 9, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, BB calls $0.26.

Turn: ($0.88) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.63, BB calls $0.63.

River: ($2.14) 3 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $0.54, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.14.

Hi.

Flop is probably standart. I rather bet turn again in order to protect against overcards. Question is how to play river? If I c/c, he will probably bet with better and check with worse. I don't expect someone to bluff with draws when I am that committed. I don't like c/f either due the price. Shove seems the best option, but 77 probably won't call three streets.

What's the right play? Thank you
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello,

Folding preflop is the best advice I can give you unless you know (and give me information about how he plays). It sounds weak but fact of the matter is that you are OOP on microstakes limits where people will call a lot. The most you will flop is Toppair weakkicker which is really inadequate. If you hit a draw, you mostly will love the straightdraw more than the flushdraw due domination purposes

As you can see you are not sure to valuebet with your TPWK so I will refrain from playing these marginal hands. I think betting 3 streets is fine but I rather want to have stats. Are you attending any coachings or watching videos of MSS?

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Thanks Gerv :)

I raised this pre flop because someone who open limps in late position isn't a good player for me and the table was tight, so I thought I could take it down with c-bet often enough. But things turned around as you can see.

When you're asking, I attend coachings, but the German ones only, because unfortunately there's never time to visit yours. I have seen all English and German MSS videos expect few podcasts and I think I understood them. But I know I am still a fish.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yeah ofcourse a player isn't playing good but that mostly means he is calling way too much which is definitly not good for your hand in general so keep that in mind next time ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv