TURN ($5.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: T:spade: K:club:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($5.25) T:diamond: 5:diamond: T:spade: K:club: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $3, CO folds

Hero shows J:diamond: J:spade:

Hero wins $4.99

Stats: 38/33/inf, 24 hands

Flop:
      I put him on FD and 66-99, and pure bluff. Not sure if he'd raise the flop with Tx/55. If I 3bet he'll keep the hands that beat me and fold the hands that I beat (except for FD), so I just called. But I was planning to c/f on the turn, because if he has a pure bluff I think he'll check often on the turn.

Turn:
      On the river I did a blockbet, to prevent him betting if he's bluffing, and if he has a PP he can still call. I could c/c here too maybe, because if he had Tx or better I think he'd bet the turn...

My questions are:
      - On the flop is it ok to call oop, when I'm folding turn if he bets?
      - On the river, as played, should I c/c, because it's likely he was on a bluff?
  • 2 replies
    • spid3rix
      spid3rix
      Bronze
      You didn't say anything about how aggressive was he. If he was a rather passive fish then I think a blockbet will be the best option on the turn. If he just calls, he is definitely on that range.
      Without the blocking bet, I think you are guessing his range and you don't want to do that on river. And if you were scared by his move, he could slowplay a T on the turn waiting for u to bet on the river. So I think check/call on turn is out of the question. You have only too choices there - c/c blocking bet/fold. A check/call can't say anything about his range. :D If I said something wrong, feel free to correct me I am just a fish trying to learn the game :s_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

- On the flop is it ok to call oop, when I'm folding turn if he bets?

Well, of course it is okey if you expect the opponent to have such a range. And there is no other way I guess to play the hand Check/Fold on turn while I doubt that he is going to continue with a lot worse. Although the question is if he would even raise with a lot worse on flop? I mean he has still another guy behind him while we are in multiway pot. Against passive player I do sometimes prefer even just to Bet/Fold right there. I am pretty sure they would still raise with the Tx here to protect their hand.

- On the river, as played, should I c/c, because it's likely he was on a bluff?

No point to Check/Call, I mean he will never bet with weaker PPs, or either there ain't many missed draws. Only option would be to block-bet/Fold here although I would do it less ~$2.

Best regards.